New Bass????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark_palmer17, Aug 4, 2003.

1. i'm a little overwhelmed at the moment, i currently play a Yamaha RBX170. i'd say i'm passed a beginners stage but by no means advanced. my and some friends are looking top jam together a couple of times and see how it progresses. i'm looking for a rbx is ok apart from the fret buzz on the damn e string. i know the 170 is generally a beginners bass and i want something new thats gonna help my playing not hinder it by sounding crap. so i'm on the market for a new bass but have no idea wot to go for. price range is about £400 or like $550 US i dunno the exchange. so....

Whats a good bass that costs a bit that will accentuate my talents?

any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
  3. I would say go look for a used bass. that way you will get the most for your money. look around at local shops and see what they have used.
  4. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    In that price range i'd say a Spector Q4, but I always say and most people would agree that you got to get out there and play some basses and see what feels and sounds good to you, try to play these basses through your head at the store so you can to hear the tone on your equipment. good luck
  5. Everyone will add their different spin, but, why not check out some higher-up Yamahas? The BB604 is a nice bass, and has the NE-1 parametric EQ built in.

Good luck.