Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stangg, Dec 31, 2000.

1. Stangg

Stangg Guest

I'm looking for a new bass that i'll be used to. The current bass i'm using and am completely familiar with has a 1 3/4" nut width (approx.) and it is 2 1/4" (approx.) at the 12th fret. What kind of bass would be pretty close to this? If you have any more questions about it, shoot.

2. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What kind of bass is it? Basically what kind of pickups are in it and is it active or passive, ultimatly what are you looking for besides size. You have alot of choices.

[Edited by FiXeR on 01-01-2001 at 07:36 AM]

3. Stangg

Stangg Guest

well, i'm mostly asking what kind of neck should the bass i get have? (p-bass, jazz, etc.) I don't want to have to work real hard to get used to the neck. Otherwise, it has one humbucker midway between the neck and bridge, and it is passive.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Well, since apparently no one else here has played your Orpheus...

Go to a store, play a lot of basses, pick one that you like, remember the brand and model, come back and ask us for basses that have similar feel. That would make it a lot easier.

If you don't want "go through all the hard work" to adapt to another feel, why don't you just stay with the bass you currently have?

5. Stangg

Stangg Guest

on every string, anything above the 12th fret buzzes, the screw holes on the bridge cover are stripped, so there's a constant rattling, and the electronics frequently short out. I think i'll go to the store. ;)

[Edited by Stangg on 01-01-2001 at 03:40 PM]

6. Stangg

Stangg Guest

Best feel there? fender p-bass. What are some with a similar neck?