1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Basses at Rondo.... oh my...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strongjag, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
  2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    ONLY 11lbs!!!

:meh:

3. Cerpin_Taxt

Cerpin_Taxt

Sep 29, 2007
    Toronto
    My sx is 15 lbs and is a real pain in the ass (and back) to play. Has anyone a lightweight sx bass?

4. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    it looks like a guitar wannabe bass :)

5. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    15?! Which bass is that? Its like someone strung a small tree.

6. Cerpin_Taxt

Cerpin_Taxt

Sep 29, 2007
    Toronto
    It's the sunburst p-j. It is absolutely rediculous compared to my fenders. Though, it does have tremendous sustain...

7. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    How on earth can it be that much if its only rated at 8?

8. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
  9. wierd how that bass is solid black on the back where the SPB62 3TS has the sunburst back as well. Or is that how they was in 57?

I'm about to order a 3TS PBass for the body only. I was gonna make a post to see if someone would be interested in buyin' either the fretted rosewood neck or fretless maple (since it would be comin' off) but I like the SPB62 since the back is sunburst too. And they are out of the SPB62 fretless...

Steve

10. well, those are OK but they're active and 30" scale... forget that! Give me a passive Jazz over these wannabes any day!

11. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    White one is passive :)

12. Cerpin_Taxt

Cerpin_Taxt

Sep 29, 2007
    Toronto
    Poor quality control on materials? You get what you pay for. I think the people who say that an SX bass surpasses squier quality and approaches mexifenders are deluding themselves.

13. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario

Lol fair enough. I will say that I've played all 3, and yes the MIM is by far the best, but it destroyed the Squeir I played. To each their own. If nothing else we can agree that they're great platforms for modding and your're getting AT LEAST what you paid for.

ON WITH THE THREAD!

14. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    PM sent

15. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    The SX basses are great bargains, but I have a hard time thinking that those Brice LPs are better than the less-expensive Epiphone Les Paul Special Bass.

16. *** Kurt??? Where's the 5-strings???

17. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    my thunderbird is almost 13 pounds and it's awesome, the weight doesn't bother me at all.

And is it just me, or is it some kind of weird requirement that all active pickups have to have their covers made of black plastic, without polepieces?

18. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Woodburn, Oregon
    I think people that say you gotta drink 6 glasses of water a day are diluting themselves.