Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bassist!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cheby74, Mar 21, 2004.

1. cheby74

cheby74

Mar 21, 2004
    SW Washinton
    :bassist: What can I expect to pay for a starter bass for my kids 13th birthday? im on a tight budget . but would like to get as good a quality as I can. HELP in Vancouver.Wa :meh:

2. Roughly 100-300 for a new bass.

Roughly 50-100 for a new amp.

And roughly 50-70 for other stuff, strap/tuner/strings/cables/ect.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A great bass to get would be at www.rondomusic.bigstep.com . Any bass there, even the cheapest model, is arguably the best value you can get when buying a bass.

4. thebassguy

thebassguy

Mar 21, 2004
    Youngstown
  5. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    One of my students (11 years old - female) just bought a Dean Playmate Edge 09 Bass package...came with strap, patch cord, 10 watt amp, and a few other things. Very nice looking bass, and sounds great.

They chose this one because it rated excellent all over the internet.

They paid 459.00 CDN (plus taxes) for the entire package (New)

www.deanguitars.com look for "Playmate" link

Introvox

6. go to the local guitar shop, an buy used equipment, or cheap copies.

when i started, i went to the local shop, paid $150 for an immitation p-bass. and paid $100 for a used 15 watt fender amp. the guy at the shop was really cool, he threw in a free strap, free patch cord, and 2 free lessons.

i bought a $40 gigbag, so pretty much.....

i walked out of there with everything i needed, and spent only $290 CAD + tax.

7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    go to long a mquade if your in vancouver, and umm that other place. damn cant remember the name like tom something or somthing like that. well ya check around.

8. cheby74

cheby74

Mar 21, 2004
    SW Washinton
    :bassist: thanks for the help U guys R great. ;)