1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bassman in so cal?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rock-N-Dawg, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Rock-N-Dawg

Rock-N-Dawg

Sep 18, 2010
    Corona CA
    Anybody seen the newer Fender Bassmans anywhere in socal where I could test drive it???...mostly orange co, riverside, LA co Ca....I really am thinking of buying one, but they are pretty darn expensive without trying one out. Also anybody have any input on how they compare to a Divided by 13 or Morgan? (there is one of each for sale on the forum!) All i want is clean super thumpy rattle the windows type bass! (no slappy highs or distortion!) Thanks for the help :hyper:

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I think your best bet is probably Musicians Friend and if you don't like it within 45 days, return it.

Here's my take on the new Bassman series. I ordered the 100T version last November and really liked the tone I got from it. Then all of a sudden, the amp failed. I took it to an authorized Fender repair shop and after a few weeks, he tracked the problem down to a hardwired fuse to the circuit board that had blown. He replaced the fuse but it blew again the night I brought it home. It sounds to me there is something hidden causing the problem so I thought it time to bail on this specific amp. I was still in the return period so I sent it back to Musicians Friend for a replacement. There are so many positive reviews here on TB regarding the amp that I think I probably just got a lemon. I did decide to go with the Super Bassman, as I think I will appreciate the added headroom.

Just as a FYI, when the tech openned up the amp, he was not very impressed with the construction. I listened but took his opinion with a grain of salt. He's pretty anti-tube bass amp and that probably clouds his judgment. I'm really looking forward to getting the Super Bassman. I think it very well will deliver exactly what I'm looking for in my current bass tone. However, if I experience a similar problem that I had with the 100T, I'm bailing on the new Bassmans entirely.

Bones

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Do a Guitar Center "pickup in store" search.

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    If you read through the 100T and 300SB threads you will see that there isn't hardly anyone that tried one before they bought it.
    You will also see that there isn't anyone that was disappointed in the amp.
    I bought mine without ever hearing one and I love it. It is a keeper.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021