1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bassmods K6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stix_clgi, Apr 1, 2013.

1. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    What's up TB!!

Has anyone seen/played/heard live the newer Bassmods K series basses? I'm specifically interested in the 5 and 6 string models on this page:
    Bass guitars by Bass Mods

I haven't seen Bassmods basses but I"m glad they got rid of that paddel-shaped headstock! And I'm interested to hear what the KA pups w/Bassmods preamp sounds like.

What do y'all think?

2. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Anyone?

3. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I'm not sure why these guys are not getting more attention.

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I had a fretless K4VV for a while. I sold it because I'm mainly a 5 string player and it wasn't getting much use. It was a fantastic instrument. Form fit and finish were top notch. It came stock with Bartolini jazz pups and the proprietary pre. It (the preamp) sounded great and offered a wide variety of useful tones. The pre was defeatable with a passive tone control.

This was the one I had.

My only complaint was that it was HEAVY!

5. bassopotamus102

bassopotamus102

Mar 28, 2009
    I have the older, paddle headstocked K6 with the KA pickups. Mine are not the hand-wound USA Pickups. they sound fantastic with the BassMods pre. very nice, a little bit of growl, and smooth highs.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to order one of these basses. I am saving my money for a 7 string and it will be from them!

love everything about the bass. can't go wrong for the price!