New batch of Sadowsky Metro Express?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZombiiBass, Jan 8, 2022.

1. ZombiiBass

ZombiiBass Check out my band Zombii!!!!!!!! Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    Hey all. Thanks be been waiting to try one of these basses out, but no one around me has them in stock.

I’m seeing on Reverb and other sites some higher serial number basses made in 2021. I’m hoping these basses don’t have a lot of the issues associated with the first run. Buzzy frets, noisy electronics, etc.

Has anyone has the chance to play one of the newer 2021 models with the height serial numbers? Any opinions on build and playability?

Thanks!

eddiebo likes this.
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Geri O and Reviresco like this.
  3. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    I just got a fretless 4 from the most recent run w/ a May 2021 SN. Aside from minor setup and adjustment issues I am happy with it and think it is VERY nice for the $$, I have owned maybe half a dozen US built Sadowsky models over the years I have been playing. A fretless isn't something I play enough to merit having a $4K bass sitting in the closet most of the time, this was a good compromise with a nice setup to have one in the quiver.

I got it pro setup and had the VTC kit installed which def improves the electronics but they are not US-quality pups / pre. Pickups do hum a bit esp when soloed, I had a tech improve the wiring and shielding when the VTC was installed. They pretty much nailed the neck / body - does it have that "Cadillac" quality in-hand feel of a US model? - no but its surprisingly close. Keep in mind mine has no frets so I cant weigh in on that aspect, but expect they would need dressing, leveling and setup for the level of fit and finish on the rest of the instrument. Id say if you are willing to put another couple hundred bucks in to tighten things up as I mention above you do get a lot for the $$, certainly much more than other imports in the same price range.

tindrum and Reviresco like this.