1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bauhaus album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Coward Of Reali, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Anyone heard it yet? Its definitely a grower but David J. totally owns the album. If you want to hear some amazing fretless playing listen to this album. Daniel Ash is usually amazing but he sounds uninspired on this album, they could have taken out the guitars and you probably wouldn't have noticed.
    I've been practicing my fretless playing along to this album, good fun. Personal faves:

Too Much 21st Century
    Adrenaline
    Undone (Mostly for the bass playing)
    Endless Summer of the Damned
    The Mirror Remains

2. Uncle Ernie

Uncle Ernie

Mar 10, 2007
    Queretaro
    Where did you get it? It is supposed to come out on March 4, according to their web page.

3. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    There's a couple of new tracks o n their Myspace page, though not any you listed Coward Of Reali.

Looking forward to it.

4. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah a friend of a friend burnt me a copy, said he found a leak.

5. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    So has anyone checked it out yet now that its officially released?

6. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I'm waiting for my pal to check it out first... I'm unhappy to hear mediocre reviews and comments about Daniel's uninspired play... I bet the Murph is getting on everyones t*ts again!!!!

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Sweet. Does it have Peter Murphy singing on it too? :hyper:

8. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I got it, it's pretty good.

9. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Made me realize why I love Peter Murphy in the first place.
    And what a tone DAvid J has.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Got it yesterday. My drummer had a copy. Love it. It's like they just kind of picked up where they left off 20 something years ago. Pretty cool. I heard that touring is now out of the question and that they're officially done. Again. :atoz:

11. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Peter Murphy has an amazing voice. I liked him better solo, but have not heard the new disc.

12. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Aside from Dust and parts of Deep, Peter Murphy's solo stuff sounds so boring and adult contemporary. Though he's got a new one coming out soon I hope its more like Dust, than Unshattered.

13. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    True, but to me his voice was more refined & focused on his later solo stuff. Also not quite so bleak sounding.

I like VanDergraph Generator, but feel Peter Hammil sounds better solo as well. Both are kind of bleak & depressing sounding bands in my opinion.

I like both though, depression & gloom have their place.