Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New BBC Music WebSite - attention Jazz or Jonas Hellborg fans!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bruce Lindfield, May 16, 2001.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The BBC in the UK puts a lot of great live music on Radio and recently they have "upgraded" their music website, so now anyone can hear some of this through "downloads" on the page.

So here is a link to the Jonas Hellborg live stuff and this page also has links to other Jazz material from live recording like the Chris Potter group etc. :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/jazz/jon3/jon3010427fhellborg.shtml

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Dang me, I'm so disappointed! My screen shows up blank when I click your link, even though it says 100% downloaded. I will try again later, because maybe the site is down or maybe it is because we can't access it in the U.S. Maybe some others here will have better luck.

Anyway, even if only European readers can access the site, it was gracious of you to post it, so at least a few lucky folks can benefit.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Hmmm... sorry, I would have thought that anybody could get to it no matter where they were - this is what the internet's all about isn't it?

I wonder if anyone else has tried this?

How about the following link :

www.bbc.co.uk/music/

Then just follow the links to Jazz & Blues or whwtever.

4. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    I think the link works when I click on it...I'm European, conspiracy anyone?

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I read somewhere that the BBC didn't want their service available to people outside of the UK (or maybe Europe), because they didn't contribute as British people do with the license fee. Apparently, anyone whose ISP has a '.com' extension can't get on the BBC website - bit harsh, don't you think?