1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New BC Rich Mockingbird basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by el_Bajo_Verde, Jan 18, 2017.

1. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    bholder and Old Blastard like this.
  2. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    Those look awesome and distinctive

3. Subbed. I've had GAS for a Mockingbird for a long time, I seem to have a thing for off-the-beaten-path looking basses (I own Thunderbirds, a Longhorn, a Steinbergers etc). Will look forward to the BCR purists responses to this thread.

FWIW I seem to recall reading somewhere here that the new ones aren't particularly well thought of but don't hold me to that.

4. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    I can't find anything about the new ones anywhere. No info, no reviews, no opinions, nothing

5. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Still remind me of an Army P38 can opener.

6. I like it, but when I see a dual-P pickup arrangement on a BC Rich, I want a confusing array of knobs & switches to keep things under control...

pcake and JGbassman like this.
  7. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

For the price it would be easy to put in quality pickups and preamp. They would sound very good

8. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I had a warlock back in the day. Always great basses and solid like a tank

9. There's a BCR club on here somewhere I believe (no time to search it right now). I know the late 70's - early 80's are considered the best versions built and command prices of $1K and up. Pretty sure if we can find the BCR club thread and maybe get some of those folks to chime in we could learn about the newer ones. When I get some time...

10. FergusMc

FergusMc

May 3, 2017
    I'm pretty new to bass, Just found a mockingbird that I managed to bargain down to €60. Is that a good deal? And does anyone know how to date these things. The serial number is 31120576.