New Behringer Bass Amps announced

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Very reasonable prices for this side of the Atlantic. Would be interested in knowing what the impedences would be.

The combination of a Behringer power amp, V amp and those speakers could give you a powerful rig for half the cost of other brands.

Looking forward to some product reviews on these cabinets. Unfortunately, they will come out at the end of the year.

Might look at them as Europe's answer to Avatar cabinets in terms of price.
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    "Legendary" Bugera speakers? Who's ever heard of Bugera?

Notice how much those cabs look like Hartkes (part of the same conglomerate that owns Behringer, hmm).

I see they put out "throbbing" low end, wow :D
  3. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    A "throbbing" low end sounds VERY sexy.
  4. Brian, I thought the same exact thing. The same cheap-ass paper drivers in Hartke's 100 dollar boxxes, just with a different generic horn.

Not for nuffin, I just don't care for behringer amps. To each his own...but there's a reason these cabs are so cheap...

I have never heard of Bugera speakers....but hey, nice additional logo...all script-y font and pretty.

So legendary, that Google shows up nada in the first 2 pages.
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Behringer just scored the award for "Budget Rig Of The Year"! Cheap and loud!! Looks like Behringer is stepping up it's game! We now await reviews on the cabs..............
  6. Yeah, because we all know "cheap and loud" are the only considerations I look for in a bass rig...

:D Just listen!
  7. Looks like the 2x10 and 1x15 are 8 ohm the 4 and 8x10 are 4 ohm. The cabinets LOOK great. Time will tell.
  8. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Here's a comparison chart:

Comparison Chart

Glenn D.
  9. I'm likin the looks of this

Those cabs are pretty sweet. It seems like pretty much everyone who has bought the bx3000t has been impressed with it. I'd say these cabs will be on the same "bang for your buck" level that the head is.
  10. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    My perspective on the Behringer line is tainted by steep European prices for products after a lifetime of reasonable prices in USA/Canada. At my stage of the game, I can't justify the expense on outright cash outlay, let alone the principal of paying local prices.

So when I see Behringer prices from those rose tinted glasses, I respond. Behringer WILL make inroads in Europe with those prices. A full rig with the BX3000 head and a 2x10 plus a 1x15 is attainable.

To give you perspective on European prices, one of the music stores in Germany has an SWR Black Beauty combo on sale for USD $1,839 !!!! Musicians Friend has it at $1,099.

So...seeing the intro of speakers is appealing. I will caveat my interest in wanting to read some reviews before I jump.

One last closing comment. If these products sell as well I think they will, it may pressure competing companies to introduce competitive priced products. The musician wins.
  11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That's the bottom line! Most folks just don't have a thousand+ dollars to spend on a decent rig!
  12. BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I thought aluminum was passe!
  13. Is it me, or do the dust caps look like they are pushed in like on alot of car audio speakers?
  14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yeah, but this is 'good' cheap! :D
  15. It's about time that someone like Behringer comes out with affordable gear. That will definitely put pressure on other companies to compete for the customers, and hopefully will result in lower prices.
  16. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I think I'll pass.

Click Here if you want to know why.
  17. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I thought that was what Peavey, Crate and Carvin have been doing for the last 25 years!!! Oh, I forgot...those brands are all considered to be junk but Behringer isn't :meh:

There has ALWAYS been affordable gear. Adjusted for inflation gear prices today are lower than ever.