Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW BEHRINGER CABS I NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PANICYEW, Feb 24, 2005.

1. PANICYEW

PANICYEW

Feb 24, 2005
    Ight so heres my story ive been playing bass for about two years im in a punk rock band and my amp is too small. I am currently using a Behringer bx1200 for practice and small gigs ive had it for as long as ive been serious about bass and it has never let me down great sound and eveything. Er so now i see Behringer puts out these new 4x10 cabs now their like 330 bucks so my cheaper budget side is like ight awsome but i know u get wut u pay for but i am a bassist on a budget also i have only been playing for two years i was orginally trying to buy a Ampeg ba500 but 1000 is a lot to lay down so help me out what you guys think bout these cabs and any other suggestions or opinions would REALLY REALLY help i have a lot of gigs coming up and im tired of borrowing amps

2. I see that you're new. Welcome. Two business items that need to be covered before I risk an answer to your question. (I know it's hard to "read" tone in a typed response, so trust me when I say that I'm not trying to come across like an ass).

1. It is recommended that you use the "search" function for this subject (hot topic in these parts)
    2. If you've completed number 1, you'll notice that threads about Behringer usually result in people hating each other.

With that covered....I have never played any Behringer products.

Mike

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Jeez....I'm sorry, but if you could use some punctuation and a bit of capitalization, peppered with some correct grammar and spelling, I could probably read enough to help you out. Sorry, but damn! :rollno: :help:

4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The usual Behringer issues aside, I think you'd be nuts to spend $330 on a Behringer 4x10 when the Avatar 4x10 can be had for $339. The quality of the Avatar is far superior.

5. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Or you could get an Avatar 2x12, they're just as good. You should look into the Behringer 300 watt head, it's only $200 right now and the avatar cab would be able to handle it and then some. Of course, Behringer products aren't great, but they're alright if you're on a tight budget. Just don't get a Behringer cabinet, there's much better for the same price.

Check out great cabinets here:
    www.avatarspeakers.com

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Though I would never get a Berhinger 410 because so much more is out there, their 810s are a great deal, as I played one and was amazed at the price. This is not to say that they can compete with some of the better brands, but for the price they are superb.

7. Or you could buy a GK backline 410 from MF for $299 :smug:

8. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Despite Behringer's rep on these boards I would say the cabs are worth a look if you want the Aluminum cone sound. To my knowledge Behringer is the only company besides Hartke making these cabs, and the Behringer ones are far cheaper and can take much more power. I've never personally heard them but several people on these boards have commented that they are impressive.

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I want to publicly apologize to PANICYEW for my last post. As I explained to him, I had been up since 5 am yesterday and was bleary-eyed. It's not an excuse, just a reason. I should not have made those comments in a public forum and it won't happen again.

10. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    It's RIDICULOUS to buy a Behringer cab when Avatar is on the market. I know Behringer is cheap, but Avatar is just as cheap, and the quality surpasses Behringer by LEAPS AND BOUNDS. As well at the service.

If your only going to have one cab for a long time, I'd recommend the Avatar B212. It'll run you $321 when all is said and done... it'll handle 1000Watts... it'll sound better... and it'll give you a better balance of Depth and Punch (Low and High) then a 410 cab willl. And if you only want one cab for a long time, get it in 4 ohms.

As for a head... yes you can pick up a Behringer head for $230 now at major retailers........ :meh:

If you think Behringer is a bunch of evil, slimey, kaniving, theiving bunch of crooks that you dont want to ever deal with....................... :bag:
    Then you can pick up an Ashdown MAG for $300... and again get superior quality, better service, and probably a better sound.

11. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Get the Avatar 212! I have one, and want to sell my 210 to get another!

12. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Wish Avatar made Aluminum cabs :meh:

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude, clean up your post so we can read it. I've only been up for a few hours by the way.

Go ahead and buy the Behringer cab. You are already familiar with their equipment, and you know what you are getting.

-Mike

14. RedVette

RedVette

Jan 1, 2005
    Medford, OR
    I have a Bx1200 for a practice amp and have been very happy with it -- so I am not a Behringer Basher. However, when I wanted a larger system I chose the Avatar 212 with the Ashdown MAG 300. The price was about the same as a similar Behringer rig, but I think the sound is deeper and more mellow than the metal cone Behringers. Even when I go very loud, I can keep a nice (almost) upright base tone.

15. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    really? those would look hot, but i prefer my cabs made of wood!..................... :p

16. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Seeing a good deal of the usual "B" rhetoric but who has some real world experience of these cabs? Try to put the "B" out of your mind and give a measured and objective response.

Are these new cabs any good?

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I too do not want to sound like an ass, but I will anyway. A little punctuation and conventional spelling will go a long way to make your post intelligible, which it is not now. That way, the people who know what they're talking about will be more inclined to help you. Also, around here, if you must use the B-word, please use B********.

18. PANICYEW

PANICYEW

Feb 24, 2005
    why all the bad rap about behringer, ha did i miss something? They are of course not top of the line but still are a company worth respecting no?

19. Just do the search man. There's a thread where people post up pictures of either Behringer products or other products, and then you have to find the "real" version of the item. You'd be surprised how many things they seemed to have copied.

20. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    The main comparison here I think is Behringer vs Avatar. Business ethics aside.... is there really much of a contest here? Even in price..... c'mon.