New Behringer Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Does anybody know when the new Behringer effects will be released? I know the website says stuff like "1st and 2nd quarters" but I was wondering if anybody here maybe works for Behringer and could give a more specific time?
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im not trying to be smart here, but if it says the first and second quarters, i'd expect them all to be released by june...
  3. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    4:30pm :D
  4. Haha no I meant around what months
  5. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    first quarter is march i beleive, second quarter is june. Im actually fairly excited to hear em! I've had great luck with my behringer head.
  6. I'm really curious about that SansAmp BassDriver knock off. I've been needing a DI box, and this one is only listing at $40, which means that it will probably sell for about $30-$35.
  7. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    I wouldn't look for them anytime soon. They've encountered some snags.

Glenn D.
  8. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Yes, they all broke, ALL of them, at the same time. :D

Seriously, count me in for one those 'BDIs' as well.
  9. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    What kind of "snags"? Didn't they have them working at NAMM?

I've heard discussions that Roland/Boss was seeking legal action, they *could* possibly get a restraining order, or is Behringer possibly holding off release because of the litigation threats? Perhaps a little bit of "retooling" to make them less of a knockoff?

I'm just thinking out loud here. Anyone know anything more concrete?
  10. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Which are???!!! :confused:

11. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Dont you think they would have considered the legal implications before they undertook the R&D to develop these new pedals. Even if they stole 99% of the electronics, that would take time=money, and then change em enough to realistically pull off selling em = more time and money. It couldnt have been cheap!

I think they managed to make workable cheap pedals. How much do the electronic components really cost? I dont know but i doubt a whole lot. I think the majority of the purchase price goes to pay off a team of extremly good attorneys!!!

For the high end purist, I think this might be a REALLY good thing too, because this will put some pressure on the other pedal makers to brings thier price down.

Just like the reference to asian car makers, this might have the same effect (haha, its a joke, laugh) at 1/2 the price.
  12. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Right, but you don't have any concrete information on any delays, just speculation? The same way most people, including you, are speculating that they've copied the analog circuits? *My* bit of speculation is that each and every one has a DSP, and is merely loaded with a different 'patch' to emulate the pedal the cosmetics hint at.

I can't see other pedal manufactures, especially the non-Boss, non-Ibanez, non-Dod etc people, reducing their prices just because of Behringer. It's different markets - the disposable market and the non-disposable market.

Anyway - it's all speculation. AFAIF, no-one has actually played through a single one of these yet. They're just empty plastic boxes.

13. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    good point, I hadnt even considered that !
  14. MUppet

Nov 16, 2004
    yea, the petals are in a 'snag' for sure.

I was told be my friend that works at the local music store that Behringer is in litigation with Boss over the pedals.

He was told that they are on hold 'indefinitely'

15. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Yea, theres a lawsuit about this - but I wouldnt be suprised if they pull this one off.
  16. I wonder how crummy these will be though...if they're metal (as in the casing, not the genre) I might check out things which I don't want a great one of, but I'm curious about, such as, let's say distortion. (I'm not a huge distortion guy, but it'd be nice to mess around with.)

I'm very happy with my Behringer BX1200 bass amp actually, quite the bang for the buck.
  17. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'd want to mess with them as well - and worst comes to worst, their tuner and compressor can't be that bad (unless they induce too much noise)
  18. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA

Took a look at Behr's site...

The "Vintage" series (distortion and phasor) Look remarkably like a Big Muff USA and a Small Stone USA... complete with "color" switch (called "tone" on the Behr)

The rest look remarkably like BOSS pedals, except for making them less square... the pots and control faces look like they could have been directly lifted from some of the BOSS pedals. *L*

No wonder Roland is in an uproar.... :eek:
  19. B.Hendrix

Mar 24, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
  20. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks like 4/15 is the day! I'm getting a Vintage Phase AND a Vintage Distortion!