1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Benavente Pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, May 13, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    A friend of mine borrowed my Bennie and Cirrus for a studio project for her photography class. Unfortunately she didn't end up using Cirrus, but sent me 50+ pics of the Benavente. I've never posted great pictures of it so thought I'd share a few of hers with y'all.
    Here are some of my favorites:
    a14ff044.
    IMG_2139.
    IMG_2145.
    IMG_2151.

2. matt"bass"

matt"bass"

Oct 20, 2005
    Hull
    quite honestly a work of art!

never seen a body shape like that before though, beautiful all the same.
    matt

3. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    GHS Strings
    Rock. I love Chris' work. I have a SCD 5 bolt on and a fretless Voretx 5 on order.

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I HATE YUO!!!!!!!!!! You have one of my fav 219Bs (preceeded only by the trans green one). You're a lucky man! :(

5. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Nice bass.
    Interesting place for the serial number.

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice pics!!!

I don´t like the bass´ shape though, it looks like a Thumb that is melting or something. :meh:

7. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
    I was about to say it has that thumb upper horn.
    I like the warm caramel brownish color... with the maple burl(or is it maple?).

Nice bass :)

8. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Do you mean Hippie's teal, fully loaded 219, or the older green one with the tribal mask inlay at the 12th? If it's the older one, then I probably shouldn't tell you I almost bought that one, too. It's what made me go with the 219 and wenge/maple neck on this one!

I'd never quite been able to place why the upper part looks so familiar, but that's definitely it! It is a maple burl. In reality, its not quite so caramel-colored. More of a copperish tint.

Ha! It does kinda look like that when its in the stand. Never thought of that! :D
    I'll pass along the compliments on the photos. And I'll get around to pics of my ATK one day. Maybe you'll like that shape a little more ;)

9. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    They're both hot hot hot, however this is the one I'm referring to -

lowell219B1.

Brian's also got me hooked on Wenge necked basses

10. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oh yeah. Hippie's. That one's HOT! It provided some inspiration for mine, for sure! Most of the ideas just didn't pan out on a college-student budget, though!

11. lbpark

lbpark

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Nice shots A, and congrats on graduating. :cool:

12. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    I love all the 219Bs. They give me horrible GAS and I've never had the pleasure of even playing one! Chris is an AMAZING luither and Brain has helped him to grow to the next level. I think it's going to be interesting to see where he is in the next 5 years!

here's my dream 219 -

my-219.

13. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I love the last pic! Work that low B!!!

14. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Maybe I should have posted some smilies to "soften" my comment. I admit it, I´m a "traditional look" bass guy, Fenders and all that stuff.

I´m sure your bass is killer and you love it, and maybe if I get to try one of these one day I´ll love it too, but the shape.... well, it doesn´t ring a bell for me.

Sorry if my comment was kinda rude, that wasn´t my intention. :D

And yes, show your ATK anytime you want, I never get tired of those pupies!!!;)

15. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    No, you're comment wasn't taken as rude at all! I actually got a little laugh from it. To each his own, which is why TB is such a great place. I just restrung and cleaned up the ATK yesterday, so I do need to get some pics of it while it's somewhat clean!

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Wow Adron thats some wild stuff, bring it with you when you come up to NY ! :bassist:

17. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Oooh man thats a nice bass. That last picture is very different... you never see action in a photo of a bass (unless its being played at a show or something). I really really want a Benavente.. one day ill win the lottery and buy one (a small lottery).

18. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    The green one with the tribal mask is the 219B that is listed in my previously owned gear....I'm just curious as to where that thing ended up after Brian at the Low End sold it for me....anyone know who currently has it?

Attached Files:

19. Insidesout

Insidesout

Apr 7, 2006
    It's looks obivously boutique but,

how much does a 219 cost? Just the base prices.....2,200-3,000?

20. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    you can stumble upon used ones in the $1500-1700 range sometimes. I didn't think Benavente is making that design anymore though....