Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bergantino Cab HT210(S) ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacove, Nov 24, 2004.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I've just seen the new Berg cab, anyone out there tried it???....wondering how it will go with a EX112 instead of the HT112 ??

2. Jacove
    I recently spoke with Jim B. about this cab. It' cool looking! I know he is going to have a sub for it soon. It will be a 12" driver that will fit with the new 210 dimensions. You should really give him a call, he's great to talk with and prefers that to emails. I basically called about a similar interest but I feel the 112's are best suited for each other. I have never run across a better cab set up than my HT/EX cabs. :D

3. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Thanks BigString, I really appreciate your support on this forum!

I'll definetely give Jim a call in the near future, I'm looking for some portable cabs, and really tempted by the 1x12's Berg...but this new cab just got me wondering! ;)

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I wonder how the 210s will sound next to the original. It looks like he is now offering the standard HT 210 in a 4 ohm model as well. Anyone know if the NV style grills are an option on the HT cabs now? Man the last thing I need is to try more Berg cabs. :crying: :D

5. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I tried it at Rock City last weekend and this thing KILLS! It goes deeper than the previous 210 cab and it was very punchy (duh, it's 2 tens) and the highs, as usual were perfect.

I used an Atelier 5 string and with the bass and volume cranked I couldn't get it to fart, the lows were just growly and rumbly like they should be, no boom in sight. Took a slapped low B with grace. My mouth was just wide open. A definite improvement over the previous 2x10. I would think that with enough backing power you could use one of these with a medium to loud volume band (maybe not to provide the audience in a large room with your sound, but definitely yourself and for medium small rooms it could be standalone)

6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    It goes deeper than the HT 210? Thats a surprise. I know specs dont mean a lot but the frequency response of the original 210 goes down to 36 Hz while the 210s goes down to 45 Hz. Interesting...

7. Hi Guys
    Jim is phasing in the new Black Grills for all the models. I think they look cool just like the chrome versions. Either way for me is fine.

I do believe (don't quote me) that Jim said the new 210s goes very low but NOT quite as low as the HT version. I think one of you guys indicated that by specs. If I were Jim I would want them to sound somewhat different anyway since the original is a great success. The newer versions are supposed to favor (just favor not duplicate) the NV vibe, not being quite as hi-fi. This is what I gathered talking with Jim so really ask him or Cory about that. Jim knows I prefer that punchy less hi-fi thing and that's why I'm so happy with the NV and 112's. Also, please correct me if I'm off on that.....Cory maybe. Anyway it's another brilliant offering by Bergantino to give the bass community (IMO) a portable cab that will eventually mate up with his more portable sub for bigger or louder situations. PLUS +++++++ is so thin! Dang 11.5" deep! How cool is that for small cramped stages. Us bass player are consistently stuffed in the back. That's one thing I love about my NV610 and my Ht/EX mini's.... thin and punchy! I myself don't need anymore cabs... really.... :help: but this new set up really intrigues me too. Of course I would have to have both... that's it I'm done... wallet is starting to move in my back pocket .... must resist.....

8. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Sorry, didn't know you guys were going to be so technical...I should have said it SOUNDS deeper. I guess technically the cutoff is higher but in terms of sound it had punch and definition down to low B that the older model couldn't reproduce without a 15 accompanying it. I could easily break up the old model with low B but couldn't with the new model no matter what I tried to do.

9. Hey Bassman, that's cool, you tried it... I didn't. Let's go with your taste test. I don't have a fiver right now but I do some drop D playing and that's good to know. Thanks for posting your testing I appreciate it. I wish there was a Berg dealer around here. Even Downtown Chicago... I don't get it.

10. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    :eek: I've tried to break up my 210 on a low B but no luck so far.

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I am sooooooooo happy with my 112HT/EX combo.........with that said, I'm very intrigued by a 210s with a 112 sub. VERY intrigued.

This isn't good news.............(watches money dissapear from bank account)...........................................................

I may have to get this new setup and keep just my 112HT for the smaller gigs.

Looks like I need to take a trip to Rock City this weekend. :D

12. I'll be trying these out soon, but 11.5 inches deep? How in the h&ll are you supposed to stack two of those AND add an 18" deep roadcase? :confused:

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Here is what I had to say in another related thread:

"The 210S sounds very big considering how shallow it is, but the regular 210 is most definitely deeper, and to my ears also more refined sounding. The 210S, though, was more punchy, and reminded me a little bit of the NV610. I really couldn't say which was better, but if they were at the same price point, I would probably get the HT210. I think that you would have an easier job getting it to sound like the 210S (if you wanted to, of course) than you would the other way around. It's a great little cab, though.

Like Big String, I am a definite fan of the HT112/EX112 pairing. It is probably my favorite "Bergantino sound", though after hearing the HT210, I'd love to hear it with the HT115, as several of you have done. The NV215 really impressed me as well."

Here's a link to the other thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153709&referrerid=31302

14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    +1

15. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I hear you on that, Ive owned them all (cept the 215 & 425) at one point. Dang, this is goint to hurt my bank account.
    :eyebrow: :D

16. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I also have/adore the HT/EX; LUST after numerous other Berg cabs, have an itchy wallet and a bad case of GAS. Curse you guys! :D

17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Keep in mind that the HT210s is designed to be paired with the soon to be sub112 cab. Trust me, you will feel differently when you hear the combo together. :D

18. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    that why my first thought....

19. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Who's got one?