Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bergantino NV425 !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacove, Jun 10, 2004.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I've just seen the new Bergantino NV425, anyone tried it, looks like it could be a Killer cab....
    :bassist:

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Well whaddaya know, Jim has a picture up.

Paging Corey... tell the man what you think!

[​IMG]

3. It's another wonderful cab from the NV Bergantino line!

I tried this out in Rockcity last weekend (thanks Corey - aka, GIBSONGEEK!) and it was fab...A/B/C'd it along with the 2x15 and 6x10 ... all cabs are fab in their own right and I believe none of them are inherently better or worse than the others...they simply meet different needs.

That said, I decided on the 610, and can't wait till next month rolls around to bring her home :hyper:

4. :D
    Most excellent!
    The NV-610 kicks ass! I'm almost afraid to try the other NVs.

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Could you give a quick description as to how or in what ways the NV cabs meet different needs? Why did you decide to go with the 610? :cool:

6. Howdy metron,

Let me preface this by saying that I feel grossly unqualified to be reviewing any gear for others, however, since you asked, I'll simply pass along my amateur-ish impressions:

It seemed to me that each cab had it's own relative strengths.

The 215 put out the most highs and the most lows (keep in mind the 215 has a small driver in addition to the 15s...maybe 5 inches or so? *shrug).

The 610 sounded and felt like it was the most focused, and put out the most focused midrange as compared to the others.

And of course, the 425 was a bit between the 610 and 215. I actually didn't play too long through the 425, because for some reason, I preferred the 610 and 215 at first listen.

I'd imagine the 215 would really shine or really suffer depending in the environment/room it was being used in, and I feel that the 610 with its more focused midrange would probably be better suited for a wide variety of environments.

Again, I'm a total novice, and these are simply my impressions/opinions.

Personally, I'd love to have both the 610 and 215. But only being able to jusfify (and afford) one, I'll be going with the 610.

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Bassment Zombie did a good job with his descriptions, so I'll leave it at that for now. Also feel free to call me if you don't want to post.....617-623-7100 or 888-964-7100 toll free
    Corey :bassist:

8. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Thanks zombie! Your description of the differences was sort of what I had figured. Theres a small shop in town that has a 610 I believe but I doubt hell be able to get all three in at the same time. Jim definitely makes great cabs!

9. Thanks GIBSONGEEK :)

Folks, I highly suggest you give Corey a call here.
    He knows the 610 and 215 inside and out, as he's not only had/owned them, but has gigged with them. Combine that with the fact that he has amazing gear surrounding himself in the shop all year long, he can do a much better job of explaining these fabulous cabs. Save him the keystrokes and give him a ring :)

10. You're welcome! I'm sure other more seasoned pros would be able to tell you much more detailed information about these.

Corey told me (Corey, correct me if I'm wrong) that Jim really didn't even want to make these cabs, but that he did so more as a favor of sorts to Corey (the 610), and well...you see where things are today! :bassist:

11. Fuzzbass

Horse hockey, you're very well qualified. Excellent post!  [​IMG]  And I'm not just saying that because I'm an early NV610 owner who's relieved to hear that I probably wouldn't be happier with one of the newer NV cabs. :D

12. Another endorsement for Corey and RCG from me!

One of these days I'm gonna come down there....
    :D

13. [​IMG]

14. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    But what if... what if you like one of the others just a little better? Or maybe a lot better?!? :eek: Sorry about that fuzz, it was too easy! :D

15. Fuzzbass

:spit:

P.S. I also got my NV610 from Corey. It was a pleasure doing business with him!

16. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    such a shame that over here in holland that good american stuff doesn't get here much. i talked to my musicstoreguy and he said that they don't like displaying too much stuff because the margin is too small. i'd love to try bergantino, accugroove and so on.

17. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Thanks for the endorsements guys!
    I don't know if Jim B didn't ever want to make a sealed cab, but it took some, well, "persuasion" on my part........to the tune of 2 years of BEATING on him!!! Yeah Jim.....now the truth is out! L.O.L.!
    No, really...Jim's not the kind of guy to follow, he's the kind to lead. Sometimes we wonder if he's crazy or genius. EVERYONE now is doing the "ultralight shuffle", and Jim's not found a driver he finds satisfactory, so he's going the other way. Let's call it speaker "de-evolution"
    There is a huge number of us that love the sound of the old sealed cabs. Hell......that's what most of the old records were(note to you young guys........RECORDS were these cool vinyl discs that made music!) recorded with. A sealed cab has a smoothness and balance that can't happen in a ported design.
    This is not to say that a ported cabinet isn't as good, it's just a different sound.
    I've used the NV-215 and 610 at numerous gigs, and they kill. The NV-425 prototype is getting gigged on the 26, so I can give a report then.
    Hope this helped with any questions, and call me with ANY questions!!!
    617-623-7100
    Corey

18. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I got to hear a Bergie 610 and 215 cab hooked up to the same amp a while back. I can pretty much sum up what it sounded like with one word,

DAMN!

19. Stop it!!!!! :D:p

I already want an NV-215 to add to my 610 and you're not helping things!

20. You won't be sorry. I still would like to have the NV215 to try....