Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bergantino owner!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, Oct 6, 2003.

1. I just bought a Bergantino EX 112. I'm using it with my Aguilar GS 112, and it's totally amazing. I AB'd the two cabinets side by side, and while the Aguilar has a nice deep sound, it doesn't stand up to the Bergantino. I may eventually sell my Aguilar and get a Bergantino HT 112 instead, but those things are really expensive, and I'm perfectly content for now. I'll post a picture of the whole rig as soon as I get access to a digital camera. It's pretty goofy looking: four space rack on top of a cabinet that's a little too narrow and shallow for it, which sits on top of a much shorter, wider, and deeper cabinet. I don't really care how it looks though, cause it sounds awsome.

One question. Since the Aguilar is much deeper sounding, I'm keeping it on the bottom, but it's also the one with the tweeter. Does it make a difference if the tweeter is on the top od the bottom cabinet?

2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Congrats on the EX-112! The Bergs are really something. I suspect that ideally you would put the cab with the tweeter on top for better dispersion. Since the Aggie is bigger that may be too awkward. Anyhoo, you'll soon be selling the Ag and getting the HT-112 matching Bergie!:D

3. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Nothing wrong with having the tweeter in the middle, that is, at the top of the bottom cabinet. I have set my EX112 on top of an Epifani 112 a few times and it sounded fine. Though I have to confess, I mostly use an HT112 on top of the EX112 these days. (The pair of them fit easily in the trunk of my Honda Civic, whereas the Epifanis won't quite fit and have to go in the back seat.)

4. Jake, congradulations you're half way there! he he he... My favorite rig is my HT112/EX112 with my four space rack on top. I just cut a piece of 1-1/2" foam and it sits beautiful. When I'm done the foam gets curled in the back of the SKB rack with my cords and I'm done.

Seriously, I'm sure your Aggie is great, but the two Bergs together just smoke man. Now do yourself a big favor and get an Auralex Gramma pad (do a search for info) and you will be even more amazed. In fact get the pad first an you may not even need the other Berg, although I doubt you can hide from the dreaded GAS...:bag:

5. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Congrats Jacob! I just got a Berg 210 a week and a half ago and its the sound Ive been looking for. :bassist:

6. You need a Gramma Pad too, you'll be amazed. They should give me a free trip or something the way I've been carrying on about the Pad...

7. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Ive been reading your comments a lot about the pad Big String and Im considering getting one. All it does is decouple the speaker from the surface its sitting on right?

8. Thanks for all of the positive comments. I'm really looking forward to using this thing on a gig to see what it can really do. I have a gig coming up in a while with a fairly loud rock band. the drummer is especially loud, and there's two electirc guitars, (which seems a little excessive in this particurlar context). Anyway, there/s a PA system that I can go through, so could I get away with just using the Berg, or should I bring the Aguilar too?

I have one more question. this should be obvious to me but it's not. I'm using a QSC RMX 850 power amp which is 600 watts bridged into 8 ohms, 850 watts bridged into 4 ohms, and 200 watts sterio into two 8 ohm cabinets. If I run amp bridged into my two cabinets, I'm pretty sure that would be 850 watts, since both of my cabinets are 8 ohms. The thing I'm not sure about is this: Is there any reason to run the channels bridged? I know you can choose however much volume you need for each cabinet, but isn't it like half the volume? Also, if I run the channels bridged into my Bergantino alone, that would be 600 watts. Do you think this is an acceptable amout of power?

9. Pet

Pet Guest

Mar 8, 2003
    all over
    You need a gramma pad, otherwise the cab wont sound good at all; not one bit. GRAMMA PAD! rock on!

10. I finally got a picture of my new rig. Here it is.

11. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Thats a really nice Rig! Any ideas what you are gonna put in the remaining rack spaces?
    Michael
    [​IMG]

12. Actually, there's only one space left. I'm thinking that I may eventually put a tuner there, just for conveniece.