Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bergantino!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lgrankin, Jul 19, 2005.

1. I just took delivery of a new Bergantino HT210S yesterday.
    The cab sounds freakin' amazing! I find it hard to believe that such a small box can produce such a massive sound and still
    retain so much definition. It handles a low B with ease. I look forward to taking it to rehearsal tomorrow evening and my next gig can't come soon enough. I feel like I'm 15 years old again!

I'm already looking forward to purchasing the 112X, or perhaps a second HT210...

Cheers,
    LR

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Awesome! I look forward to hearing more!

Tom.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Excellent, welcome to the Berg club! Like Tom, I look forward to the rehearsal and gig reports.

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

HT210S is a killer cab !!
    congrat's on the score ...

5. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Speaking about bergantino, I'm really into the NV 425 by now But i'm a little bit concerned about the lack of a tweeter, I like a lush sound without harshness but with a little grind (Think: timmy C on the first rage album, a lot of high altought not agressive to the ears) I currently have an ashdown amp, would this cab fit the game??

6. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Why not go with an NV215? That 6" midrange gets you plenty of high end without getting harsh.

Tom.

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Yess I've read you really dig this box, But won't it be losed in a mix , won't it lack mids and high mids??

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I find it to be a very well balanced cab, tonally. It does not lack mids, and in fact has a good deal more high mids than either the NV610 or NV425. It does not have a low-mid bump, though, like the NV610. I guess it all depends on what you want to sound like in the mix. Personally, I like to hear the full range of my bass, and I try to use instruments/amps/cabs which allow me to do this without overwhelming everyone else. I think it's a bit more demanding on the amp to be able to hear tight lows and non-harsh highs (in the mix, mind you), though, so I can see where "punching through the mix" with mids may work for others.

To me, the NV215 sounds a lot like the NV425, but with slightly deeper lows and a lot more high end.

Tom.

Tom.

9. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Damn Im confused By now!!!

My current setup is a ATK ibanez with custom Pup's into a set of FX into an ashdown ABM 400 WATt 2x10 combo, I love its mid and high mig response but it lacks in bass clarity So I thought, Why not buy a 15 ashdown cab??? But i'd really like to put my head out of the combo and to build a wooden enclosure for it...

10. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    DING DING DING. We have a winner.

I have the NV 215. It's got the huge fat sound I was looking for while retaining definition and clarity.

i don't miss the tweet at all

11. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Damned, major GAS is arising!!!!

I see no and then some custom nv610 did the owner do that by themselves???

12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Another congrats for you! :cool:

- Art

13. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    That NV215 with the addition of a small titanium horn crossed over at 5Khz might be sweet too. Like the one in the HT112. okay I'll shut up now. :p

14. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    while we are here talking about Bergantino cabs, what kind of connections do they have in the back? 1/4 and/or Speakons?
    Also which cab, Nv610, 425, or 215 would handle distortion better than the others?

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    The NV series have both 1/4" and speakong connections. As for distortion, some people do not like the sound of tweeters or midrange drivers when employing an overdriven or distorted sound. Accordingly, my guess is that many of these folks would find the NV610 to be the most preferable. The NV425 probably works well for these folks, too. Personally, I don't mind the sound of overdrive/distortion through a good mirange driver (and even some tweeters), and I can get a nice Timmy C-like full out distortion through my NV215, and it sounds like the cat's meow to my ears!

Tom.

16. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Just curious, but which tweeters?

Alex

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If you're referring to the NV610 covered in red tolex: it's not custom, it's an early production model according to Jim B (but really, it's probably better described as a prototype). It's missing some of the bells and whistles of the current design, but sounds great and the owner loves it!

18. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I find that ACME, Accugroove and Bergantino tweeters seem to do overdrive well without sounding harsh or brittle. EA is not bad in that regard, nor is Epifani, but I find I have to EQ the highs a bit.

Peavey, SWR, and Eden can sound gawd-aweful with distortion, though.

Tom.

19. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Thanks, I want a 215 now, I heard low down sound is making one with two 6 drivers and ported, someone here luved it

how about that?

20. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice score, LG,

i had a blast trying out one of the prototypes at the Sadowsky shop. fun fun little box. cant wait to hear one with the accompanying 112. heard its quite the wall o' sound!