Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bergie pic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Check out www.bergantino.com for the new 12 to go with the 210S. I sure like my HT210/115 but I like this idea of smaller, lighter combination of speakers. Any thoughts from more experienced users on the specs for the new cabs?

2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    That is the shizznit.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    After hearing the HT210S, I am really Jonesing to hear it with the EX112S. Compared to the HT210, the "S" version is not as refined sounding, but was more punchy and really had an appealing sound. A bit more "old school", but very articulate.

4. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Looks like a modular HT-322. A good idea!

Alex

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Ive noticed that the ht210 and ht115 is no longer on the site. Did he discontinue them?
    Still, I would love to try out the new cabs.

6. Just bumpin', I'm always intersted in Bergs.

7. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    That'd be a bummer -- used my HT115 at a coffee shop gig on Sat and it was so sweet! What a great standalone.

Although, this new setup looks pretty wicked as well, and that depth should definitely make the cabs easier to cart around.

8. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    Thats my first guess. does anyone have any info on this claim. how do the two cabs compare with ht322? (<---corey, gibsongeek)

9. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I will have to make a trip to www.clubbass.ca and A/B my HT210/115 with the new S cabs. I do love my setup which I bought to be portable. It is, with a cart, but the S set up would make it easy to move around. Would I be right in guessing that you could can use the 210S on its own but the 112S must be used with the 210S?

10. 11 1/2 deep?

I'm interested. (anyone else sick of really deep cabs too?)

11. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    You would be correct. The 112S goes to 2.5 khz and the bottom port is a dead giveaway that it's designed with booty in mind. I think we're looking at my new setup. :D

12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Bump :cool:

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played this setup at Rockcity in Somerville (Boston) last week. Man, killing little rig. It is indeed made to be similar to the HT322 but more portable. It does sound quite different than the HT322 as well. I like it more. Many people have said that the 322 can't be heard well standing close to it on a stage. I guarentee that you won't have a problem with the s stack like that. Because of it's depth it's punchier and'll cut more. The EX112s is not a standalone cab and was specifically made to go along with the HT210s. I'm sure that this setup will be a favorite for many people. I'd bet that two HT210s's with an EX112s on the bottom would be the perfect large rig. I love the direction that Jim is going with his products. I'd still like to get a way to have the 112 cabs' sound but larger. That's my greatest wish cab wise.

14. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Hi guys!
    EM Jazz pretty much nailed it........a punchier HT-322. Jim's whole goal was portability and punch. Neo woofers were not an option at this point, because they don't perform the way Jim wants yet. There is a lot of improvement to be done to Neo before it's in a Bergantino cabinet.
    The comparison?
    HT-322- BIG, full, round, very Hi-Fi......classic Bergantino
    HT-210s/EX-112s- PUNCH by the truckload! Not quite as "refined" maybe as the 322, but deep and fast. Same killer Bergantino tweeter and crossover.
    It's amazing how much sound comes out of these shallow cabinets, and they're super easy to "schlep"
    Neo is for girls! L.O.L.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry ladies) :D
    Corey

15. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Anyone know what the EX112S is going for? I might be able to afford the whole shebang at once if it's priced right.

16. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I had a feeling that was the reason Jim hasn't done the Neo thing yet :cool:

17. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    check www.clubbass.ca

18. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    No posting of prices allowed, but you can P.M. me if you'd like info.
    Corey

19. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Ah ha! So I will keep my HT210/115 and wait for the next Bergantino development where the cabs use Neo and are 6 inches deep and can put out 500 watts.

20. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Cabs don't put out watts, amps put out watts! L.O.L.! Just funnin' ya! :D
    Corey