New bicycle: Kona Aloha

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jan 17, 2004.

1. I remember someone or another saying that I should try to hit up end-of-year specials, discontinued models, etc. when I was looking for a new bike. Sure enough, I walked into the store expecting to get a Giant Sedona and ended up getting a now-discontinued Kona Aloha hybrid model, which is essentially the same bike but a lot nicer. It's pretty much the ideal hybrid bike--semi-slick tires and seat suspension for my commuting needs, front suspension for light trail usage. For $325, I could have done a whole lot worse.

Pics are to follow. Please, no comments about the fabric pattern of the chairs at my kitchen table. :rolleyes:
  2. For those who might inquire, pretty much all of the relevant parts are Shimano.

BTW, if you need a bicycle and live in LA County, your first stop ought to be Wheel World in Culver City. I have never run into a friendlier, more knowledgeable, smarter bunch of guys working at a store in my life. None of 'em are from LA, either, so they were able to relate to my situation fairly easily. ;)
  3. that's what i call "the whiskey compartment"
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nice fabric patterns :D

Seriously though, nice bike. I need a new bike, mine is crusty and old. It would be nice to get some exercise again too.
  5. Bitch, please. I only drink cognac.
  6. Congrats on the bike. I am a big Kona fan and owner. I bought a Kona Cinder Cone this past July. its an awesome bike and they are built like tanks with really awesome components.

7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Told ya to get a hybrid! Good job, Smuggy.

Actually I'm going to get a new bike for myself, but it's probably going to be some granny-model from 70's ;)