1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new big rig on the way

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickj, Oct 16, 2006.

1. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    2 Steel Sound 212s running through my QSC Power Amp for some biamping goodness.

Pod XT Live (and numerous pedals) -> Rack (Comp, QSC1850, etc)

2 channels, 600w @ 4 ohm each

Planning to replace the 1/4" inputs with Speakons. Probably going to take out (of the chain) the tweeters, but I'll try it out first.

than to buy it.I've used Madison speakers in nearly all of my self-built cabs and I really like their sound, know what they can do, etc. I built all of my cabinets in the past simply because it was by far much cheaper for me to build it (significant background in woodworking - costs really only included parts, not labor) It's harder to find the time now - not to mention the SteelSounds are quite cheap - so rather than build a new rig I decided to purchase.

(This replaces my old 4x12+2x10 cab - nothing really wrong with it, I'm pulling the parts to build into some other smaller rigs - decided that I wanted to start biamping to really define my sound)