Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bike!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Here's my new steed. Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R! It's not a world beater, but she's enough for me. Top speed of 154 mph, and 94 hp @ 12,250 rpm's.

2. :cool:

Nice scoot, 'Chuck!!

Have you had a chance to put on a few miles and tilt the horizon :D ? What was the last bike you owned? I seem to remember a recent post here showing someone's Seca or the like, thought maybe it was you. :)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    It was mine. I got something tame to get my bike bearings back. I just got this one this weekend, and it's been raining all weekend! :crying: It should be dry around Wednesday or so.

4. very cool i also got NEW BIKE this week i picked mine up thurs 2004 road king classic,i already got 370 miles on it and its 19 degrees here

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Shweeet! Promise us that you'll wear pants with your chaps. :D

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)

7. its a little fast, but boy do i love those 2nd graders eating my dirt. mwahahahaha

8. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Hey congrats, Woodchuck. Sweet little pair of wheels. Remember to keep the shiny side up :)

9. Few things are as enjoyable as a nice afternoon, a twisty backroad, and a good handling bike. :)

Have fun, chuck... :hyper:

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very nice 'Chuck. VIHBASS, that bike rocks. :bassist: Stay safe everybody, especially thinkingofyou, that thing looks like it could get you in a lot of trouble. ;)

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Gees Woodchuck, that Seca didn't last long at all.........

Those sports 600's are the best bang-for-bucks machines on the market. Fast enough to scare you but tame enough to be easy to ride. The last 600 I took for a squirt was a CBR and it was great fun.

Nice colours too. Congrats........

PS:- if it shakes it's head, get a steering damper. It made a big difference on my mate's CBR.

12. Here's the last bike I had. No match for the ZX6R in accelleration or top speed, but it handled like an dream and made the most beautiful sound. :)

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I was lusting after one of those for a while Blimp - the Monster Dark Dark with matt black everything. Damn it looked good, but I promised myself I wouldn't ride sports bikes any more so I bought the Yamaharley instead.

14. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey

I hate you. ;) :D -Luke

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Whoa! That Duc is sweet! Why'd you set her free?

16. The Dark was very sinister looking :cool: . The Yamahahaha – better for taking the ladies on a ride anyway . Which model?

A used (non- desmoquattro, non- superbike) Ducati is more affordable that most people think. Buy one so I can hate you . :D

Couple reasons…

After 6 years of street / sport riding, I was starting to push my luck and not be as careful and conscious as I used to. As a husband and expecting father, this seemed like a less than ideal hobby.
    Also, needed the money to get another family car so the wife has some way to transport herself and Junior while I’m at work or at gig. I foresee myself riding again one day, with a better attitude. ;)

17. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    YamaHARLEY thankyou! It's a Dragstar 650, though I believe it's called a V-Star in your neck of the woods. If you hold a magnifying glass up to my avatar, you'll see it parked in front of the Harbour Bridge at night.

At least you were smart enough to realise before you had an accident. I was having too much fun to notice I was putting myself in danger. Then one day I lost the front on a left-hander and I ended up underneath an on-comming car. That's why I won't ride sports bikes any more. I don't trust myself. I let the bike's personality takes over.................