Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Billy Sheehan CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Two thumbs up. I liked Compression a lot, and this continues in a similar style without being a part II type album. There are less vocals, though I though he did well with them, and there are more ambient aspects to a lot of the tracks, not to say it's ambient music at all, it just seems to have more layers. All in all it's quite good and fans of billy will not be let down.

2. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I recieved my copy of "Cosmic Troubadour" yesterday.
    The first song ripped my head off. If you like Sheehan this
    CD smokes from the first song til the last Groove. Some Classic Old School Sheehan with some new also. :)

"NV"

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Thanks man. i was wondering how this CD would be. Good to know ol' Billy came through again:)

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Gotta get my mitts on the CD before I see him on the 30th! With the aftershow passes, I want him to sign my CD!

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I hate to double post. I searched for a thread and when I
    did not find one I posted. sorry. :)

Anyway had a chance to listen to it more last night,and I am really liking it. :)

7. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I like the instrumentals much better, I thought that the vocals just kinda got in the way.