New Blink 182

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Gabu, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I heard some of the tunes on the radio this morning on the way to work. They sounded good! There was one that was recorded with acoustic intrsuments called Missing You or something like that. Also, Robert Smith sang on some tunes.

I will be picking this up today. :)
  2. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah Robert Smith sings on the song called "All of This." The same track Mark Hoppus uses a Fender Bass VI. I think he uses an ABG on "I Miss You." It's definetly a departure for the band.
  3. i just heard that new "feeling this" song on the radio and i think theres a freakin subliminal message in it. i came home and dled it and listened to it over and over, all the while thinking "what the hell am i doing!"

stupid infectously catchy tune :p
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Once you listen to the next song it will make the other side of your face smile too, then you will be like:

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i give it a thumbs up. i like the fact that the songs are more serious, and there isnt as much stuffing around. not every song it the typical pUnK rAwK song with distorted guitars ect, and not everything is a 4 chord wonder. well, i dont think it is :D
    As always, Trav has some great drum lines. i like it :)
  6. interesting... I also did this. Freakin Blink 182 controlling my thoughts...:meh:
  7. im feeling this! :p

i heard a few tracks, its not really my thing, at all. but like the rest of blink 182 i could listen to it, if that is the last CD on the planet ;).

"feeling this" is annoyingly good, imo. ;)
  8. I just bought the cd. I havent listened to it enough yet, but I like it.

Better than TOYPAJ, so far.
  9. Blink 182 matured?

Off w/ their heads.
  10. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    When I first heard the single, I thought that it was the worst piece of sh*te, but I am now reluctantly admitting that it's damn catchy. I don't want to admit that it's good...but it kinda is?

I've got to listen to the rest of the album to make any more judgments.

P.S. What exactly are they feeling?
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Lets see, it's blink, so probably themselves.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Levin IV,You don't want to admit it's good?

that's awfully self-conscious of you

13. Kevin V

Kevin V

Mar 12, 2003
    Union, New Jersey
    You wanna fight?

After trashing the song so badly, it feels awkward saying, "This song is not half bad."
  14. I first hated "Feeling This" as well but now its one of my favorites off the album. It's too darn catchy. And what they are feeling is sex, as they say in the liner notes of the album.

Some of my favorite songs on the cd are "Stockholm Syndrome" "Go" and "Down"

For the most part, the record is pretty decent, with exception of "The Fallen Interlude" which easily redefines the word crap....and I'm not even half joking.

All in all, not great, not bad....I give it a 6.5/10
  15. I don't think Feeling This is a good single from the CD.

I Miss You is a nice song.
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    havn't picked it up yet, but i downloaded a couple songs, and i will buy it saturday
  17. lot more mature, its a lot slower also.
    my favorite track is with the singer from the cure "all of this" his voice is so.. lol.. chilling? angry, sad. lol.
    Go sounds like a mxpx song.

i like the cd, still not dude ranch, but better than toypaj..
    ;) :bassist: