New BMAXT Sounds Great.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sufenta, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Picked up a BMAX-T from BNW and have it paired with a new QSC PLX 3002 bridged into 2 Aggie 112's. The BMAX-T's overall aesthetics are top-notch. Good action on the red abalone knobs. Tone-wise, BBE did their homework and produced a beautiful sounding pre amp. Most noticeable is the huge variety of tones offered. Unlike some pre-amps I've tried where lots of knob tweeking offers little change in tone, the BBE's controls are tremendously sensitive and influential (for lack of a better descriptor) on the quality of the tone. The quickness of the BBE's attack is extremely impressive (I'm sure the PLX contributes to this quite a bit as well). At our gig last Saturday, our drummer immediately noticed the upgraded tone, and the house sound guy made a point to compliment me on a great sounding pre-amp (he also liked the Elrick:) )
    So there you have it. I tormented for months reading all of the reviews and comments on all the various pre's, and listening to the sound clips from Basstasters. So far, it seems like I made a great choice going with the BMAX-T.
  2. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    You made a good choice - glad we could help you out with that one!
  3. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Got enough headroom there? You're a brave man - I presume you won't be letting any neanderthal bassists play through it! Sounds like a great pre - do you find yourself using the enhancer on it?

I've got a 3002 on the way to drive my old Acme Low-B2s - they'll only be getting 900W each though, not 1500!

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I run 1500 watts from my 3002 into one of my Aguilar 4x10's. Smokin headroom!
  5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I got the 3002 from GC so I still have about 3 weeks to exchange it for the 3402:D I do put a touch of the enhancer on, but it sounds plenty HUGE without it.