Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New BMAXT Sounds Great.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sufenta, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Picked up a BMAX-T from BNW and have it paired with a new QSC PLX 3002 bridged into 2 Aggie 112's. The BMAX-T's overall aesthetics are top-notch. Good action on the red abalone knobs. Tone-wise, BBE did their homework and produced a beautiful sounding pre amp. Most noticeable is the huge variety of tones offered. Unlike some pre-amps I've tried where lots of knob tweeking offers little change in tone, the BBE's controls are tremendously sensitive and influential (for lack of a better descriptor) on the quality of the tone. The quickness of the BBE's attack is extremely impressive (I'm sure the PLX contributes to this quite a bit as well). At our gig last Saturday, our drummer immediately noticed the upgraded tone, and the house sound guy made a point to compliment me on a great sounding pre-amp (he also liked the Elrick:) )
    So there you have it. I tormented for months reading all of the reviews and comments on all the various pre's, and listening to the sound clips from Basstasters. So far, it seems like I made a great choice going with the BMAX-T.

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    You made a good choice - glad we could help you out with that one!

3. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Got enough headroom there? You're a brave man - I presume you won't be letting any neanderthal bassists play through it! Sounds like a great pre - do you find yourself using the enhancer on it?

I've got a 3002 on the way to drive my old Acme Low-B2s - they'll only be getting 900W each though, not 1500!

Alex

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I run 1500 watts from my 3002 into one of my Aguilar 4x10's. Smokin headroom!

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I got the 3002 from GC so I still have about 3 weeks to exchange it for the 3402:D I do put a touch of the enhancer on, but it sounds plenty HUGE without it.