1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

[New Board Day] Warwick Rockboard 3.1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lit311, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Lit311

Lit311

Jul 6, 2016
    Let the build begin...

Attached Files:

BrentSimons and zapped777 like this.
  2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    ...go on...

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. Lit311

Lit311

Jul 6, 2016
    I
    I'll post pics once I get it together. Here is my previous board. 1203181852.

cosmicevan likes this.
  4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Looking forward to see this come together, Congrats!

Lit311 likes this.
  5. Lit311

Lit311

Jul 6, 2016
    Here is my current arrangement.
    I'm going to gowith the nanoMuff vertical for now, then go horitzonal once I finishing adding.

My final additions (famous last words) will be an MXR Envelope Filter, and a Boss BF-2.

I had to order a different mount for the Voodoo lab. I thought the mount for the pedaltrain would work, but it doesn't fit seamlessly, so going to try the Rockboard Tray from MF. I'll post result when it's in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  6. Lit311

Lit311

Jul 6, 2016
    [Update]
    Roughbuild 1.0
    I finally pieced this thing together. The only thing missing from my final build is a a filter of some kind when I have the funds (leaning towards MXR envelope filter), and some Rockboard patchcables that are on their way. I'm not happy with my current ones, but I needed this board to be ready for the weekend.

I used the "Tray" that fits with the Rockboard topower in my powersupply. It was shipped with a pretty nifty white pouch, so I'm going to use it to keep the powercord from poking things in the case.

I installed some handles using cheap cabinet handles.

I have one long rockboard cable running from the Milkbox to the Zoom. I'm a big fan of the space saving design.

Signal chain: Line 6 g10> nano muff > Milkbox> zoom ms-60b > boss bf-2 > boss ch-1 > flashback mini> mxr m80. PowerPlus 2.

Attached Files:

7. PotatoSoup

PotatoSoup

Mar 5, 2016
    How is this working out for you? Considering the rockboard tres myself but wondering if it’ll be too big for my needs, plus I’ll want to get the right accessories (quality patch cables, perhaps the cordless/rechargeable power station)

8. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    I have one of these, it's a nice board, I love the actual size too, it's way more practical for current pedals then the 12.5x17" boards people keep making. I got the XLR module to go with it. This is what I put together on it:

D8Uszxx.

I didn't end up keeping that config. My biggest frustration with the board is that I have this XLR passthrough on the bottom that would have been cool for using with a DI. But none of the holes on the surface are large enough to pass the physical XLR head through, I even tried like a super slim, low profile XLR cable. So I'd have to solder the XLR end on after passing through the cable, and any time I wanted to move it same thing. I really liked this layout, but the board didn't end up working out, I'm back to using 2 Nanos now. I still have the board though and may try again.

cosmicevan and Bassed in NZ like this.