New Bongo ordered!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Oct 14, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody.

I just want to share my excitement about this. I've just sent the 50% advance for the guys at EBMM start working on my new Bongo 5-string fretless (unlined fingerboard) with two humbuckers and piezo bridge. Color: Desert gold. Pickguard: Since I couldn't decide between black pearloid or python, I ordered both.

Now the waiting has just started. It took five months to have my beloved fretted Bongo with me... :help:
  2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Why are you doing this to me?? :bawl:

Sounds like an awesome bass. I love that..."I couldn't I got both."
  3. OH MAN !!! :hyper:

A fretless bongo with an unlined board !!! :bassist:

Much congratulations, Alvaro!

I'm both happy for you, and very jealous! :D

BTW, desert gold is one of my favorite colors for a bongo.

Good luck. I hope the waiting doesn't drive you crazy.

Mike ;)
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars

Marshall :)
  5. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    Congrats, man. I know how hard the waiting can be.

Nice color choice, too!

I get to break in my Bongo at its first gig tomorrow afternoon (if it EVER STOPS RAINING...we're in the middle of our 8th straight day here in the Northeastern US...I think I saw Noah at the hardware store at lunch today, buying lumber for this big boat he's building....).

It's brand new, and I'm already starting to GAS for a fretless to go with it. I'm thinking HP, lined, carbon blue/abalone or black/red tort.
  6. Congrats indeed. I sure could use a fretless mate for my Bongo, and the HHP would of course be mandatory.
  7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Congrats, man. Enjoy the wait! Muahaha!
  8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Alvaro, congratulations, that's gonna be a really, really great bass!
  9. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Congratulations Alvaro. You did it again.
    I guess you´re slowly becoming a Bongoholic :)

BTW, did you finally find the tone you were looking
    for in your fretted Bongo ?
  10. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Hey Billy, glad to hear from you again! No, man. I'm not becoming a Bongoholic. I became one of them since I played this beauty for the first time. And yes, I'm really happy with the tone. I mainly use one tone for band situations (mostly everything cranked but the low mids) and another for solo stuff (no neck pickup, piezos full and all EQ at around 60%). I'll show you a recording I did recently of a tune from a friend who left to Buenos Aires during one year (I think) and composed a song that pleased Adrián Barillari so much that he recorded it. My friend brought the recording here and he's doing a heavier version (with the same vocals) for which I played my Bongo bass. I think Adrián is waiting for this version. Unfortunately, my friend is having financial problems right now and hasn't been able to finish the job, but I'll let you hear it when I get it. The song is called "Mil Lágrimas".

Thank you for your message, Billy (and everybody for the comments, of course!).
  11. Congratulations on the coming bass!!!

Also can't wait to hear the song with Barilari...
  12. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man

Felicitaciones (aunque sea muy temprano).

You know you're my favorite South American bassist! Sometimes I think about moving back to Peru.......but then I remember how hard it is for you to get stuff.

When I first moved to Peru, I was doing some work with a local guy who worked a lot with Alex Acuna, and he had this great studio. I said, "Where do you go when you need some new gear?"

He said, "Miami."

I think I'm staying right here.

13. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004

Enjoy. I cant to see it!

I am seriously jealous.
  14. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Man, that's such a compliment. A thousand thanks for that! I'm posting it in this thread. I'm really touched.