1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bongripper recordings!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ron Now, May 13, 2011.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Hello fellow talkbass friends.

I know there are a couple of fans of Bongripper around here and I'm super grateful that everyone here has been so supportive of us over the years.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we released two new recordings today.

Sex tape/Snuff Film 7" and Hate Ashbury 12"

The 7" is two new tracks of shorter material for us. It's pretty evil and heavy still though. The 12" is a remixed and remastered version of our 2008 album Hate Ashbury. This was originally how the album was supposed to be released but we had some setbacks and never were able to release it in it's original condensed vinyl format.

www.bongripper.com

All the info to both are on our website as well as a link to our band camp where you can hear both for free!

Thanks again for all the support over the years.

Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Ron

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Sounds as great as ever, bought & downloaded. You guys know what you do & do it well.

3. AcidFripp

AcidFripp

Jul 12, 2010
    I'm going to take a listen now.
    Not that I'd need to, of course. With Bongripper, it's pretty much a given that it's going to contain tasty riffs.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Sex Tape/Snuff Film sounds incredible! Bought my download this morning.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Just to add that your bass tone in snuff film is a thing of absolute beauty! Like the faster more thrashy sound in the middle part as well!

6. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks everyone.

Thanks Joe, I'm pretty stoked on how the bass came out. It's my RD Artist through a FX doctor modded Rat. Into a sunn 1200s and berg 610. I threw on this mystery fuzz ontop of everything for the slow/big parts too.

The tones I got for SWD and the 7" are my favorites that I've gotten since we started the band.

7. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Agreed great work. I also really like the little guitar feedback parts, nice touch, not too much, but not too little.

I watched the Youtube videos with you playing your RD Artist, nice bass. Nice mudbucker tone, perfect for your music.

Ever try a Gibson mudbucker with effects?

8. AcidFripp

AcidFripp

Jul 12, 2010
    Do I have your permission to pirate it, old boy?
    Just to download it (illicitly) for myself, no profit involved.

9. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I can't stop you, tons of people download our stuff all the time. Hell I even had to download meat ditch off a blog when I lost it on my computer.

We got them up on bandcamp if you feel like paying...we appreciate it since it helps us keep putting out more music and playing shows.

But we're happy as long as someone is listening.

10. AcidFripp

AcidFripp

Jul 12, 2010
    Thank you, old top!
    If I was affluent enough I would support you but until then, you have only my moral support.

11. Ron, you've done it again. Ordering the 7" now.

12. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    The fast riff in Sex Tape just put me on my back! Amazing as always. Stealing the old lady's credit card now.

13. Jason!

Jason! Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2008
    GR, MI
    Killer stuff! Can't wait to see you guys in Ann Arbor (listed as "Ann Harbor" on your site :)) in July.

14. I know I'm bumping an older thread here, but Bongripper rules so it's okay.

Ron, please do a split with Dopefight in the future. Could be one of the best stoner/sludge releases ever.