Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new book and misty tab

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    When is the chordal approach 2 schedule to release? I really loved the first one.I think it be cool if you showed how to apply more simpler chrods like double stops and tie them in together in song writing in a fluid matter and inversion shapes and pratical chord shapes cause i found most the shapes ive seen are physical to hard to do. I remember once seeing a tab and mp3 for misty. Do you have the link for that?

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Thanks for the note. the new book is coming. It will be published by Mel Bay. It covers most of what was in book 1 but also contains licks with double stops and incorporating that into your bass lines. It also has some real arrangments. I called yesterday to find out the release date, but the person I needed to speak with was out for the week. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

The Misty arrangement (as well as some others) is at the online lessons page of www.bassically.net Here is a link:
    http://www.bassically.net/lessons/online_lessons.htm#dimin

Misty is actually quite a bit more difficult than Autumn Leaves. I would start with that one

Mike