Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Boss DD-6 Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Nov 5, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Anyone had a chance to try the new Boss DD-6 delay? Supposedly it has built in tap tempo and delay times of up to 5.2 seconds. How's the quality? I like the compact size.

I am looking for another delay to replace my DOD DFX9, preferably something small (to fit on my pedalboard) and with built in tap tempo. Wonder if the DD-6 is the answer.

[​IMG]
    -KB

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I don't have any experience with the DD-6, but I have used Boss delay pedals (in my guitar rigs - I haven't wanted a delay in my bass rig yet), and I think they're great! IMO, you would have to go rackmount to get anything better, and in a live situation, you probably couldn't tell the difference.

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    if it sounds like the dd5 i used to have, i'm guess it'll be a very nice delay. the dd6 also features sound on sound overdubbing and a reverse mode where you can kill the direct signal. i hear the tap tempo is cumbersome because you've got to hold down on the pedal for two seconds, then tap out the tempo.

-steve