1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Boss DD-6 Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Nov 5, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Anyone had a chance to try the new Boss DD-6 delay? Supposedly it has built in tap tempo and delay times of up to 5.2 seconds. How's the quality? I like the compact size.

I am looking for another delay to replace my DOD DFX9, preferably something small (to fit on my pedalboard) and with built in tap tempo. Wonder if the DD-6 is the answer.

[​IMG]
    -KB

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I don't have any experience with the DD-6, but I have used Boss delay pedals (in my guitar rigs - I haven't wanted a delay in my bass rig yet), and I think they're great! IMO, you would have to go rackmount to get anything better, and in a live situation, you probably couldn't tell the difference.

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    if it sounds like the dd5 i used to have, i'm guess it'll be a very nice delay. the dd6 also features sound on sound overdubbing and a reverse mode where you can kill the direct signal. i hear the tap tempo is cumbersome because you've got to hold down on the pedal for two seconds, then tap out the tempo.

-steve