Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new boss multi fx for bass - me50b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, Jan 15, 2004.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  2. that looks like a useful tool, I would like to hear how the octave up sounds and all the distortions.

3. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, and some interesting sounding synth stuff. hopefully better than the previous boss synth efforts, which have been yuck.

4. Eh, the boss bass synth is actually more functional for guitar... I've played with quite a few guitarist that had one lying in the line of their arsonal. Funny thing is that it sounds superb with a guitar through it, and actually tracks their notes better than a bass. They just want the average Guitar player to think the only way they can get synth is by using their over priced GS, or so I think. I actually want to try their new midi separator, that actually controls synth modules... If it's any good I may put one in my piccolo bass project.

5. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    wow, i would love to try this out, i never record, so amp modeling is not a priority for me at all, and i never wanted to pay for it. should be fun to mess around with, and the compressor and eq hopefully will justify the price of it.

6. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    This is pretty cool. One of the guitarists I know has what looks like the guitar version of this.

Anyone have a price for this?

7. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    i've just bought a used ME-8B coz i couldnt justify buying a GT-6B, when i didnt need the amp modeling... this could be just what i neeed. I actually like the synth on the ME8, if its good enuff for stu zender its good enuff for me.

8. Kheos

Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    Belgium
    review, soundclips, price
    asap!!
    no, now!!!

9. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    i guess it will retail at the same price as the ME-50 guitar pedal. which is about £200 in the UK

10. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    *creams pants*

my guitar playing friend just got the ME-50. it sounds amazing! the ring modulator is especially fun.

ill have to try this out sometime.

11. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    ok, so the press release at harmony central has been updated. MSRP=$350, so I'd assume street price will be somewhere in $275 range?

12. Andy's Music Online (not a plug, they were the only place that came up in a Google search) has a 'sale price' of $295.

I wonder how long the sound-on-sound loops are?

L

13. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    $295 would put it in teh same price range as teh digitech bnx3, i'm curious to see how the effects stack up against each other, even though the digitech has the looper, and drum machine, but is menu based

14. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    im very curious, especially about the octave and synth functions. somebody buy one!

15. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    As soon as someone is selling them, I'll get one. I use individual pedals usually live, but I want something smaller for taking to rehearsals after work. The GT-6B was too big, plus I didn't need/want the amp modelling. The BNX3 was too big also, this one looks like it's the right size.

16. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Looks nice, althogh I don´t like multieffects for bass, I only use Overdrive (Boss SD-1). Wonder how its overdrive sounds compared to my Boss pedal.

17. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    Well it has been a while since this was mentioned and I really want to talk more about it because I am really intrested in getting one.

I did find out that it is coming out late March. Also www.riksmusic.com will be selling them for $249, which is way cheaper then any other place I could find (although they have free shipping for orders $250 and over, so maybe I will have to buy a few picks or something with it to even that out).