1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new bridge concerns... and choices.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jorri156, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jorri156

jorri156

Apr 4, 2009
    I have a MIM fender jazz, and I've decided i should be above having to tape an allen key to the back of it to adjust the E string and push it to the right position every few numbers.

So the question is which bridge is good regarding these considerations:

my saddles are only 1mm left on E and G screws, i've heard thats an issue.

I currently keep having to shift the E string up a lot to pass properly down the neck and through the pole pieces. the neck it reset about as much as it can go. have checked the nut. needs a few mm I'd say.

I could do with a little more brightness and sustain is an issue on the E string. i can imagine having to acriice brightness for sustain.

While i mostly play fingerstyle, i also abuse the bass quite often. with very heavy picking, and bowing(yes, with a cello bow!)

Thanks.

p.s. just to save me making another thread, does anyone know of any thumb rest products other than the classic fender style? i have moved from 5 to 4 strings, and my ring finger is frustratingly floating about the place when i play the lowest string. though it might get in the way if i used a pick. Ideally i'd like something moveable like on the Italia Mondial basses.