1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bridge for Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cossie, Mar 15, 2009.

1. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hi,

As the title says I'm looking to get a new bridge for my Aerodyne, I've had the stock one on it since I bought the bass (it's picked up a few dents/nicks/etc over the 5 years I've had it) and I'd like to replace it.

I've had the Gotoh 201s recommended to me by a few fellow Fender jazz owners who have pointed out that BadAss IIs can need some tweaking to fit with the radiused Aerodyne body. Plus the 201s fit into my budget nicely.

However, to avoid any potential setup hassles, I was wondering are there any Fender bridges worth considering?

Thanks,

Cos

2. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    Gotoh 201 or Hipshot Vintage should both work

3. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    I stuck on a BadAss II on my Aerodyne and have had no issues. It mounted perfectly flat.

4. Maxicooper

Maxicooper

Mar 17, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    I'm interested in the Badass II as well. I have recently got an Aerodyne Jazz (newer version w/ strat-style output jack). Does it just bolt on or we need to mod the body to make it fit?

Please advise. Thank you.

5. I have one on my Aerodyne, and it is mounted flush. I didn't put it on, but I can tell that nothing about it was modified. You should just be able to drop it on, slot the nuts, and play away.

6. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Thanks for all your replies. I've got in touch with my local music store about ordering in a BAII for me...now should I go chrome or black...
    :p

7. Maxicooper

Maxicooper

Mar 17, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    Thank you so much for the info. :D

I'd say BAII in black w/ DR black beauty strings. :cool:

8. Chrome looks hot. The black BAII won't match your black chrome hardware, just a heads up.

9. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    LOL I did think about the black strings the other day, I was wondering if it'd look like there were any strings on the bass at all. I think chrome is a better choice as it'll stand out better against the black body.

10. Maxicooper

Maxicooper

Mar 17, 2009
    Columbia, MD
    Hmm... may be you're right. :rolleyes:

11. cossie

cossie

Apr 29, 2005
    Ahhhh sarcasm....the lowest form of wit.

12. negativism

negativism

May 26, 2008
    I'm looking to replace my bridge but I just noticed that the bridge on my Aerodyne sits in a cavity. How do I go about mounting the bridge? Which should be easier to mount, the Gotoh 201 or the BAII?