1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New bridge for four string ESP/LTD B404 in black nickel?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ridethespiral, Mar 13, 2013.

1. This bridge on this bass is pretty crappy and has started to fall apart after many years lol. I can't raise or lower saddles on a few strings and mysteriously an intonation screw fell out. Pretty useless at this point.

I've tried to find a bridge but I can't find anything in the same finish as the rest of the hardware on the bass (black nickel). Edit: The bridge is an A-style four screw hole.

Here's a picture of this model

[​IMG]

Would like to stay around $100, and must have shipping to Canada.

2. Bump.

3. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Sounds like deferred maintenance, to me.

4. Thanks but that doesn't answer my question....

The actual hole in the saddles have become stripped over the years (not the screw bit) and the intonation screw fell out between a set of elixers strings.. Went to slap a new set on and my E string saddle fell out obviously because the screw is missing. Intonation stays dead on with this bass so I had no need to check if a screw went missing. Shouldn't have to anyways. Don't see how that's deferred maintenance when I tried to take care of it. I've been planning on replacing this bridge for a while anyways since my bass has been out of warranty for years already. Why pay close to what a bridge will cost to fix the bridge when I can buy a nice new quality bridge and install it myself? (Yes I have gotten quotes from a few places.)

Might just have to go with a black bridge. My searching is futile

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I think it would look fine with black bridge. Hipshot or gotoh.

6. Thanks that's what I was kind of thinking as well. I really like the dark nickel look but I'd be keeping the knobs and tuners and the bridge will match the pups :)