1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bridge for MIM Jazz 2001

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Pieguy2000, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Pieguy2000

Pieguy2000

Apr 17, 2009
    Would anyone know what brand and model of replacement bridge would fit a 01-02 MIM Jazz Bass? Looking for the exact 5 screw pattern. Don't want to recreate the wheel.

Thanks,
    Pieguy

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    leo quan badass II is the go-to upgrade. it fits the holes, and lets you get the right spacing so your strings line up between the pickup polepieces like they're supposed to.

i also like just putting genuine steel threaded saddles on the stock bridge (fender makes 'em for the reissues), as they add a little "zing" while also letting you get correct spacing.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Gotoh 201

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    These can be had from eBay for about $28... My new preferred replacement! Are you looking to swap out as an upgrade, or replace a bridge that is missing altogether? Any of teh three mentioned will work... If you're looking to replace a missing or broken stock bridge, PM me and I'll send you the one I just replaced...

-robert

5. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    a nice bridge that will fit right on, but the spacing is too narrow for jazz bass magnets to line up. :rollno:

6. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    The spacing is 2 1/4" like on Fender bridges.

7. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    which if you look at mexican standard jazz basses is too narrow.