New Budget Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 5string5fingers, Sep 11, 2018.

1. So I had a Carvin BX500 with 2 BXR210s a while back. That amp was absolutely fantastic. I ended up selling it though because I had been out of a band with no plans to go back into one anytime soon, and needed some cash.

Recently started playing for a local church and needed a new amp so I went looking for a budget rig that would still have plenty of power, and maybe give me a little bit of what I had with my Carvin rig.

What do yall think? Got this for $400.

Peavey Tour 450
    Ampeg BXT115HLF4 1x15

Attached Files:

2. KokaKola

KokaKola

Jan 21, 2015
    Kalamazoo MI
    I almost bought one of those heads once, that’s a solid rig!

5string5fingers likes this.
  3. Its a brick. I feel like if I drop it, it will hurt the ground, not the amp.

Peavey has never impressed me tonally in the past but this amp is great, only thing I wish it had was a built in compressor.

Really tight, growly low end. I feel like its missing something in the upper mid range but I think thats more of the 1x15 than the amp.

15s are a whole other beast when youre used to 10s.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Should be easy enough to EQ some more into it with that amp.

5. Ive boosted 800hz a good bit and it seems to have helped. In all honesty I know it makes 0 difference in a band setting, just something about the notes on the D string and lower notes on G they sound just slightly muffled.

Not an issue using a pick, only finger style. Strings are 2 days old

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021