1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New build finally finished...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Woodpecker, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ... along with the frustratingly slow progress making the web-page too! :)

Finally my newest build is finished... well, sort of... Projects like these never ever really gets 100% finished.
    The "Small Giant", a miniature bass build inspired by the Kala solid body U-Bass.

Check it out here; BassMent

And a Happy New Year to all TB members! :)

Cheers...

2. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    Nice work and cool site! :bassist:

3. Wow, that is awesome. Nice build.

4. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    That's beautiful! Nice work. I dig the old vinyl cavity cover. I also like your sign. :D

5. Thanks guy's!
    Well, this build was sort of a PITA from the very beginning...
    Yes, a very ekological sollution with the old vinyl record as cavity cover. I wish I would see more stuff like that goin on in the world.

But I'm "pondering". Hasn't anyone else made a bass with these PU strings? I for shure hasn't seen anyone else do something similar... Anyone?

Cheers...

6. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    A number have started but not many have finished, I have built one, I didn't find it that difficult, but a great learning experience for future builds of small bass ukes like this.

7. Thank god for that, I thought I was the only one "stupid" enough to pull something off like this ;)

8. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Very cool build and very cool choice of material.

Up until now I didn't connect the dots and figure out you were behind the Black Pearl and Willow basses - those remain among the top basses I'd ever seen built. :D

By the way - is the ToyBox link on your site intentionally dead?

9. What? Which link to the ToyBox page are you refering to? At least the on in the meny (in the left corner on top of the main page) seems to work...
    Here's a direct link to the toybox page; ToyBox

Cheers,

"Bobby"

10. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    The one in the menu, which doesn't work, links to "Toybox.html", the one you just posted links to "ToyBox.html" and that does work.