New BUMP policy (!) and a related minor concern

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Bollenator, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Bollenator

Bollenator The Ersatz Haderach

Jun 2, 2010
    Western Washington
    Finally, the days of years-old threads being bumped by "Is this still for sale?" are behind us!

TalkBass Classifieds: Bumping Your Thread | TalkBass.com

FYI to the devs: I went to one of my old Classified threads and poked around the Bump Controls menu and found the Bump Stats page:

http://www.talkbass.com/up-thread/

The copy on that page is pretty awkward (grammar issues abound); I imagine it won't be a commonly seen page, but a once-over would go a long way toward matching the generally high quality of the rest of the site.

Thanks TB devs and admins!

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Love the new bump method. TGP has had this for a little while and I always like it. Cleaner threads, easier to bump.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    So is it still against policy to bump more frequently than 24 hours between bumps? How do you tell when you bumped last?

5. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I'll jump in and answer based on my understanding. Someone correct me, if needed.

You can't bump more frequently now... it won't let you. You can tell how long it's been if you scroll down like you were adding a new comment... there is a timer. Once the 24 hours is up, the button is enabled.
    bump1.png

Also at the top of the original post, you can bump thread or look at bump history to see how long it's been.
    bump2.png
    bump3.png

Hope that helps...

mrpackerguy likes this.
  6. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Also of note, one last thing TGP does that is cool is let you bump within list view. Would be cool if TB had this too so you wouldn't have to open a thread to bump it.

(I hope I don't offend Admins by posting about TGB. It's so weak in bass gear and discussion, it's really no threat, but please delete this comment if needed).

bump4.png

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021