1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New cab - Basson 210b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, May 10, 2006.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Just got one of these pretty cheap - I sold my Mesa 1516BE as I am moving house and need something a little smaller but equally 'phat'. Here it is:

3d43f6e5.

I cant actually PLAY it yet because I am waiting on some new 5881's for my amp. Superb construction though and just the right size. Will let you know what she is like hopefully tomorrow...

Cheers

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Apologies for phone picture - I will get some decent ones this afternoon.

3. Reviews?? let us know how you like it...I'm interested in theses cab.
    Thanks!!!! :bassist:

4. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
  5. Awesome!!!! Thanks for the link.

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Thats a 210? It looks mighty big to be a 210. But congrats! I have heard these cabs have a good, solid sound.

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    They're heavy, but the so is the sound, from what I hear...

8. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Yes it is a large 2x10, the height and depth are comparable with most 410 cabs. This is because of Basson's inventive speaker system - each speaker has 200oz magnets rather than 50 or so, meaning the frequency responce is fantastic and very flat. The cab is tuned to these speakers and pushes out some incredible lows through the ports. The tweeter is brilliant too, the range is really high and fits in really well with my bass.

9. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Their 810 box is 228 lbs. :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought there was no way anyone would ever make a heavier cab than an Ampeg SVT 810, but there you have it!

10. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Yeah that is pretty funny. This 210 sounds and feels like a much bigger cabinet so the size is justified and for the price it was simply a no brainer!

11. That's out of control. I'd never consider buying a cab that heavy, I don't care if it sounded like God.:D
    C7

12. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I guess if you are using a cab that big, you will have a group of roadies to move it around for you though eh!

13. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    7a5214b8.

Here is a better pic

14. :crying:

Can't get such a thing in Australia.
    It looks MEATY!

15. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002