Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Cab- Bergantino 6-10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I bought it today at Atlanta Discount Music.I love it so far. I have a gig this weekend so I can give a better review then. I also tried the Bergantino HT 322 which was great but I liked the 6-10 better for my style.

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Congrats, its a great sounding cab!!!!

3. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Brian,
    I now need to save some money for a Benevante Vortex 5. I am really interested in those basses.

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    great cab! The cab will really shine through at a live setting.

5. Congrats Jeff, that's an awesome cab. I'll expect to see the front windows at Fuzzy's bulging outward.
    :eek:

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Congrats... only a matter of time and money till I swing mine :cool:

7. Jeff,
    Good Job! I just got my NV week before last. Same for me, I have to test it live next weekend and it's outside. I always have had problems playing outside, this should cure that. I am bringing both my amp rigs. Mesa 400+ and PLX2402/Demeter VTBP201S bridged. I can tell you that both rigs sound tremendous in my practice room, the Boogie being considerably better for tone. I was not able to use the Mesa with my other two Berg HT cabs for lack of power, but I think the sealed NV will be outstanding with it. But being the "What if Guy", that I am, I will bring the QSC/DEM just in case I start doing the clipping/distortion thing again. That is what happened to me at Navy Pier in Chicago last summer. I was pretty bummed out. The sound guy was asking me what was up with my rig. I had him put me more in my monitor and got through the show. :bawl:

If the 400+ doesn't work for me it's going back in the closet to be used only with my old Diesel 115EV cab on occasion. It sounds great with just that one cab, but no where near the Bergies. Let me know how you do with your new Soopa Rig. It should sound really Ol Skoo with that Kern pumping some tones into it.
    :bassist:

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Jeff and Dean, I'm looking forward to the gig reports... I hope you two are as happy with the NV610 as I am with mine! :bassist:

9. Ken
    Thanks to you for all your help and first hand experiences, I'll let you know how much I'm lovin' this set up. If this doesn't work form me I'm getting a new set of ears, or better yet might as well get the whole head and face replaced...HA!

10. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I would also like to hear your input. Does the 322 need more power than the 400+?? I heard they liked a lot to sing right.
    Is the 6-10 more efficient? Does your drummer hate you like mine hates me?

11. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    The 322 needs power to really do much - my Eden WT400 isn't powerful enough to drive it. I have been running off of one side of my Stewart 2.1 (About 650 watts RMS into 4 ohms), and it gets louder than I need in a loud rock setting.

Tone is absolutely unreal - by far the best I have ever had, and I am going from comments from other folks. The more I turn it up, the better it sounds.

12. No, the 400+ is not enough power for the bigger HT cabs. They sound fantastic at medium to low volumes with the 322 and 212. Beyond those volume levels the 400+ clipped/distorted the HT cabs. As far as more efficient, I don't know if the NV is, but is certainly a different animal than the HT's. The NV is a sealed cab and therefore may work better with the 400+ than with the HT series. As I said I have not gigged with it yet and will next weekend if the dang weather doesn't "fubar" us like last year...

I suggest that you call Jim Bergantino, the guy is quite the genius. 508-231-4500.

I may be selling my HT322 if you live within a 100 miles or so of Chicago or Northwest Indiana. I have a buyer for my HT212 but he is taking forever to get the cash..., I'll sell you both for $1400.00 and meet you half way within the distance I prescribed.

Actually my drummer loves me since I started using Berg cabs. :D

13. Rockbobmel

For the offer. I am all cabbed out. P-1000, 4-10.1-18, 1-15.

14. Hmmm, not gigging tonight, think I'll go see Jeff break in his new cab at Fuzzy's. I'll be the big, bald, bearded guy in my new "Got Bass" shirt. :p

15. Caught Jeff playing with Barry Richman. His Roscoe Beck through the 6 X 10 Bergie sounded great, my goodness that was some tight bootie and beautiful tone all over the neck.

16. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Joe, great to meet you in person. I am pleased with the cab although it took some getting used to. There was so much low end that I boosted the Highs on the Kern. I love the classic sound. It is a much differnt cab than the 3-10 and the HT 322. Make sure you try the cab before you buy . I love the 6-10 for my style. Bergantino makes great cabs.

17. You were definitely getting that creamy, old school midrange goodness, without the the old blurry bottom. Bass was very tight and defined.

You might need to find someway to put a little more edge on your higher notes. As the bar filled up, some of the treble got killed for the band as a whole. Once past A on the D string it still sounded great, but could have used a little more bite. Find a eq frequency that will do that, or maybe raise the bridge pickup under the D and G strings. It maybe as simple as rolling on the treble on the bass as the bar fills.

But hey, I'm picking nits. Great rig and great sound.

18. I tried a Bergantino 610 cabinet before it turned into a production model. It was being power by an old Ampeg SVT. What I heard was the ultimate rock tone. It was so loud it was rediculous. Although I'm not personally a fan of the whole 10s thing, it's definately an incrediblw cabinet. I just went back to that same music store yesterday, and they have another prototype their which will probobly come out soon. I think had two 15s in it although I'm not entirely sure. It seems like a great cabinet too.

19. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Now I will need a 2-15 so I can run the cabs in stereo. Thanks alot!!! I thought I was finished with my rig.

20. Rockbobmel

Now that sounds like something!! I just got a Sunn 2000S. It would prolly love one of those.....Are they SEALED or ported?