1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New cab came today!! (accugroove content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thehurlatron, Nov 28, 2006.

1. In my new found quest to go lighter and "cleaner", I got the first step today from the UPS person.
    An Accugroove Tri112L. I'm eager to try it out, but my 8mo son is sleeping, so it'll have to wait untill tomorrow.
    I took advantage of the MF instant rebate thingie and got $75 knocked off and free shipping! (I know I'm sleeping with the enemy:ninja: )
    I'm hoping to temporarly pair it with my Vl210, but I have my doubts that they'll mesh. ( the vl needs no boost in the lows but I'm guessing the tri112 will)

Here's the mandatory pic ;)

DSC01059.

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice cab!

I was stupified at the NW GTG by how light those cabs are.

3. And compared to my 110lb 410 I just sold, I felt like tossing it around while I carried it down the stairs.:D

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    mmm...

AccuGroove + Aguilar = best in the biz.

And no, I'm not kidding and/or biased. :)

It took me 4 years of buying and selling gear to figure it out.

Now I know. ;)

Rock on man- :bassist: :bassist:

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Nice! We watched Wyliee carry out one Tri112L in each hand with no apparent strain when he left the GTG. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.:bassist:

6. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Congrats Hurl!
    I also own a tri 112 and absolutely love it! You'll be surprised what it can do on its own!

I want to stress that the manufactuerer's "break in" period is REAL! Don't judge until after you've been playing several hours on it. Perhaps even a couple gigs.

If I had the $, I would get a second.:)

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

I still wake up sweating at night after having a nightmare I traded off that cab...
    Then I wake up, go to my music room, and realize it really happened... :bawl:

;)

Glad you like it still.

Love me some E-Dub though...

8. Basso Gruvitas

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Sorry Reagan! I had to jump on that when you offered the trade! The Schroeder's a good cab though if you play live and loud a lot! Were you able to sell or trade it?

Don't want to de-rail this thread too much!:D

9. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    The Tri-112L is totally my favorite AG cab.

Check out the cab pairing before you pre-judge tho... I paired my Tri-112L with an EA NL-210 and (I know, those are different, but...) it worked both well and very interestingly. If I got a little further away from the rig, it sounded incredible... like every little aural dot was filled but with a strange sparse clarity. The interesting part was, you get up fairly close and as you run up and down the instrument, and do different tonal things like slap vs fingerstyle, you can literally hear where each cab kicks in and lays back compared to the other. I'd say for a "focused" sound this might work against you since they don't match tonally and there's that mild push/pull going on, but for a "larger" sound, especially on bigger stages, I thought it sounded pretty cool... again, once you get far enough away (like 10 feet or so) so they can "blend."

10. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Oooooooh my back. Thats why it took me a month to decide to buy your old cab. :D

11. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

Yeah I know, just wasn't juicin' it enough-
    now I know! :p

And yeah I got a T.E. head which is in transit as we speak for it!

12. Well, 111lbs boxed..It's only 105 alone:D

My age is catching up to me. I've been hauling heavy gear for too long.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
  14. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    great cab, by itself or paired with another. You'll find that the bottom will open up further after the break in period.

you'll probably feel the need to boost the bass on your amp when you use it by itself. you'll find that the cab will take it and put out a huge bottom relative to its size and weight. You'll be pleased.

A bit more so with AGs than other cabs, I find that the bottom end and the focused mid bass punch becomes very evident once you step out 8 - 10+ feet in front of the cab.

15. Some people get all the luck:scowl:

16. Nice cab, have always wanted to try an accy, haven't had the chance.

Enjoy!

17. Basso Gruvitas

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX

Good input here. I concur.:smug: