1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New cab day for me (good gc deal)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Apr 23, 2010.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Believe it or not I actually got a good GC deal. I ended up getting two Peavey Tour 410 cabs for $650. They had one on clearance and one used (that basically looked Guitar Center new). I know the rule (no pictures no cabs) so I'll try and get one, if anything I'll take some pictures at the gig I have tomorrow at Six Flags.

2. Nice Find!!

3. Good deal, and I've heard good things about those cabs. Be sure to post a review for us (as well as pics of course!).

4. bertbassplayer

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I couldn't resist bringing one of the cabs in and plugging it up. I plugged my Fender Active Jazz with my Peavey Alpha bass to do some messing around. The cab's got really nice punch and good balance. The metal strips on the sides of the cab really gives it a vintage peavey look, it matches my 70's Peavey Deuce guitar amp.

I'll do a more in depth review after the weekend. I'll be using these at a gig tomorrow and will have time to really crank and tweak them at practice on Monday.

For those who don't know, these are made in the USA with neo speaker and are supposed to handle 1600 watts. It's got two 1/4" inputs and a speakon which are all wired parallel. I haven't weighed the cab myself, but I've seen different weights from 65 to 68 lbs for the cab. It weighs about the same as the Avatar neo 4x10 I used to have. Size wise it's a bit bigger than the Avatar 4x10, it's taller and deeper. Peavey doesn't list these cabs on their website anymore, so they might have been discontinued (MF lists them as discontinued as well).

5. bertbassplayer

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Here's the promised picture.
    robpeavey2.

I got a lot of compliments about this rig at my gig on Sat. I started out on Peavey it was my amp and my first real gigging rig as well. I've gone through a lot of rigs in my time of playing (same as a lot of TBers I guess). I've had Behringer, SWR, GK, EA, Mesa, Hughes and Kettner, and Ampeg in the past. I've only ever gotten compliments about my sound from 3 rigs, my Peavey 210TX Combo, my Ampeg SVT-Classic and Ampeg 8x10, and this rig.

I'm still looking forward to trying the cabs out with some heads with some more power.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice lookin' rig. I've never been a Peavey hater, and owned several Peavey amps, including a TKO65, (which I gigged with), and a Mark-something head, that rocked a 2x15 cab hard, as well as a fender BXR Spectrum 210/18 cab with that peavey head. All good stuff, rock it.