1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Cab Day!! (the rig is complete!!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gustobassman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    The new rig.

Schroeder 212PL (arrived a couple weeks ago) and (just arrived today) 15PL.

Bomb! Based on how the 212PL has opened up (to my ears), i can't wait to hear the 15PL in a week or so. Fantastic.

:D

Crappy pic, but i know the rules....

Attached Files:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Pretty sizable rig. Have fun with it.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Sir, you are going to make some very loud bass sounds. Along with great power comes great panty flappin' goodness! Play the heck out of it!

4. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Thanks guys... im super stoked on this. Both Schoeder cabs together seem lighter than ONE of my Eden cabs. Im digging this big time...

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Nice rig!

6. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    So, it's been a few days, thought it post a quasi-review...

STOKED!

That's about it. But seriously, I am impressed. The build quality is great, The sound is very round, right where i like it. Much more depth than my old 810E or the 610HLF that i had, and of course a more even sonic spread than the 2 D115XLT's i have been using since last year. Either cab by itself can easily fill a small to medium sized room; the 2 cabs together is just devastating!

For my first foray into the world of NEO cabs, i am hooked. My back has never been happier. :hyper:

A question to other high-powered cab owners... having read that speakon cables transfer higher power more efficiently, would it be in my best interests to get 1/4" to Speakon cables rather than using the 1/4" cables i use now? My GK/Sansamp BDDI rig only has the 1/4" outs, and i was wondering if it was worth spending the extra loot on getting the cables with the Speakon ends or some 1/4"/Speakon adapters. Any info greatly appreciated..

7. If GK didn't put speakons on the amp it can't be so powerful. So long as your cab input jacks are good ones I wouldn't bother.

8. gustobassman

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Its a GK800RB. About 10 years old. Plenty loud, just wondering if it would be a good idea to do since the Schro's have Speakon inputs.