New Cab Day

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pauly 4001, May 27, 2021.

1. I just bought an old Dean Markley 115 FH single 15" front loaded ported cab.
    It's loaded with a EV Force speaker and it's in excellent shape:
    upload_2021-5-27_15-52-58.jpeg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0141.JPG
    01111_6OAGuktn3lfz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

2. Awesome. Looks similar to a MusicMan 115RH Mine sounds best with Ashdown ABM500.

20161001_174543-jpg.jpg

Clark W, john m, andruca and 4 others like this.
  3. I LOVE old school!

gwangi, Funk With Me and Pauly 4001 like this.
  4. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Great score!

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  5. jza57

jza57 Supporting Member

That cab looks like an old made in Irvine, Ca. Randall bass cab. I worked there back in the day for 6 months and remember that aluminum extrusion used on the grille . Randall's version of that cab could be upgraded with a JBL speaker. Very big sounding cab.

BassNugget and Pauly 4001 like this.
  6. The name plate slides off all too easily to rebrand it to a Randall or whatever.
    I’m now wondering if it might need a recone: there’s a slight high frequency buzz above the deep articulate bass.

7. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    "I’m now wondering if it might need a recone: there’s a slight high frequency buzz above the deep articulate bass."

yA, but does it still buzz above the shallow, muddy bass? Can you still hear it when that boomy port is flapping your pants? I bet it just needs some EQ or perhaps some strategically placed Crazy glue.

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  8. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    I have never seen one of those. It does look like it is almost, if not exactly the same design as the old Music Man 115RH cabs ... only with a set of decent handles and a good EV speaker. Nice score!

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  9. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I agree with the MusicMan similarity. I owned one on the early 80’s.
    It will be very punchy in one low mid spectrum.

Fortunately I can use much lighter cabinets these days.

10. wmhill

wmhill Inactive

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I've seen several Spectra amps/cabs through the years- but never had the Dea Markley tag on them.

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  11. It's got to weigh at least 80 pounds. It was posted twice at $50 but the sellers never responded to emails.
    The third time they posted it on CL they had raised the price to $99 so I offered $75 which was kind of irresistible.
    I now have three separate single 15" enclosures so I should be able to resist in the future:
    A Dean Markley 115-FH
    A Bag End S15D
    A Peavey 15sc which is about the size and weight of a refrigerator and was rescued from a rural curb for free:
    img_0394-jpg.jpg

Clark W and Rip Van Dan like this.
  12. Nancy here was a local and surely knows her stuff and the H85b was probably the intended amp for that series cab:
    pabo8ahvnmfmhoxyf9fo.jpg
    pr3lcu8flkx9gcbazsm1.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg

wmhill likes this.
  13. wmhill

wmhill Inactive

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    Pauly 4001 likes this.
  14. I hadn't noticed actually but that's true.
    And yet even my handles have the Dean Markley logo in a cheap plexiglass insert that's loosely glued in.
    upload_2021-5-28_16-13-22.png

wmhill likes this.
  15. wmhill

wmhill Inactive

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    Pauly 4001 likes this.