1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Cab...finally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bentem, May 22, 2004.

1. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I had a avatar 210, and a carvin r600, it sounded ok, but it always crapped out at high volumes, even just at band practices. i went to atomic today, and it turns out the biamp feature on the carvin dosent work, the low freq channel is broken. So instead of getting just a single 15 to go under, i got another, bigger 4 ohm cab, so i could run the carvin full range.

I traded in the avatar, adn got an ampeg bxt410hf, i inthk its the wooten signature one. its very heavy, but it sounds really good, especially slapping. its got a lot of bite, and growl, and it handles the B much better. Ill see how it sounds at band practive tomorow, and a gig next weekend.

2. congrats, those are some sweet cabs.

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    thanks,

i just used it at band practice for my blues band, munus drummer and singer, so i guess it wasnt much of a band practice., but we gotta gig saterday

but i realied everyitnhg sounds bads in my basement, becasue tere are so many things that shake.

does anyone have this cab, adn use it for metal, by any chance?