Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Cab...finally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bentem, May 22, 2004.

1. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I had a avatar 210, and a carvin r600, it sounded ok, but it always crapped out at high volumes, even just at band practices. i went to atomic today, and it turns out the biamp feature on the carvin dosent work, the low freq channel is broken. So instead of getting just a single 15 to go under, i got another, bigger 4 ohm cab, so i could run the carvin full range.

I traded in the avatar, adn got an ampeg bxt410hf, i inthk its the wooten signature one. its very heavy, but it sounds really good, especially slapping. its got a lot of bite, and growl, and it handles the B much better. Ill see how it sounds at band practive tomorow, and a gig next weekend.

2. congrats, those are some sweet cabs.

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    thanks,

i just used it at band practice for my blues band, munus drummer and singer, so i guess it wasnt much of a band practice., but we gotta gig saterday

but i realied everyitnhg sounds bads in my basement, becasue tere are so many things that shake.

does anyone have this cab, adn use it for metal, by any chance?