New Cab for Eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eshears, Aug 21, 2001.

1. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I currently have an Eden WT-400 and am looking for a small cab to pair with it. Here are a couple of the cabs that I have been looking at more seriously:

Eden D-210-XLT
    Acme B210
    2 Acme B110's (I figured this setup would give me one more 5" and tweeter than the B210...but I'm not sure if this would improve sound/volume)

Does anyone have any experience on matching the WT-400 with any of these cabs. I'm obviously looking for something not too big, but that can still get decent volume.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    A couple other cab companies I suggest you look into:

Euphonic Audio
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd say get the Eden D-210XLT. Then you'll have the rich man's Metro. Mmmmmmmmbitchen.
  4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I have a WT400 and an Acme Low B-2 (2-10). I love the combination tonally, and so far it's been loud enough for me. Ideally, I'd like more power and/or a 2nd cab, but I get a surprising amount of oomph from just that one little head and one little cab.

This head-cab combination won't get *stupidly* loud, though, and there isn't a bucketload of headroom IMO when you're playing in a biggish speace with a fairly hard-hitting drummer and/or don't have a lot of PA help. The Eden cab will get you more volume at the same amp settings, but it's more colored and for my tastes (which may not be yours) it doesn't sound as good. (Yes, I have A-B'ed them at length.)

Haven't played EA for a couple of years and then played only the smallest of their cabs. Didn't like it as well as the Acmes, but then I haven't checked out their bigger ones. I know zip about Epifani or Bergantino and so won't comment on those.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I often gig the WT400 with an Eden D210XLT for small rooms. I like the head with Eden D115XL and D210XLT, also. My favorite rig with this head, however, for a real "old school" thump is with an Eden D215XL. Man, killer. You'll love the D210XLT as long as you don't try to fill up too large of a room. In that case, pop for the D115XL and pair it up with the 210 when the occasion calls for it. You'll get the full wattage at 4ohms, too. I recommend 8ohm cabs so you can mix and match unless you are absolutely sure you'll never need more than one cab.
  6. eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks for everybody's advice. I have considered EA, Epifani, Bergantino, etc....but these are a little out of my price range. The other disadvantage I have is that there are no music stores around here (Spokane, WA) that sell higher end bass stuff. So I can't go out and try different cabs out.

I bought the Eden WT-400 completely untested after hearing so many good things about it. I'm very happy with it so far...which is why I'm leaning toward Eden again...

7. Eden cabs can be tricky to deal with because they just do so much in the 100-400Hz range, but I think a D-210T or XLT would certainly do the trick. I use a pair of D-210Ts with my WT-300 and my rig can get stupidly loud if I want, and the 210Ts handle a low B with aplomb.
  8. boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I run an 8 ohm Eden 4x10XLT and am very pleased with the sound and volume. I got the 8 ohm version in case I get another cab in the future. Good luck!
  9. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    ebs cabs are very very good,from my understanding they stole the show at this years
    winter namm show.
    it's a slappers dream cabinet,but overall it's tight.
    try it.
  10. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Nothing against the ACME's but that head is a little on the low side power wise for them.I dont know how far from seattle you are but id say make the drive.That way you can try most everything made at BNW.By far the best/only way to be sure of your choice.Good luck!
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like boogiebass's recommendation to get the Eden D-210XLT, then add a D-115XL later. I like it so much, I did it, even before he suggested it. The combination of 10's and a 15 just gives a fuller tone. That's why I like the SWR Triad sound ... which might be a good cab for you to consider. I played an Eden CXC-1510 a year or so ago, and it had that same rich tone.
  12. xHarperx

May 8, 2001
    Hye here's an idea get a good cab get and ampeg classic 2x10 or 15 or if you want amazing sound and have alot of cash get and ampeg pro 2x10 or ampeg pro 15
  13. What ever you get, make sure that you try the SWR Goliath 3 Jnr. I bought one about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I was going to get the Eden 210XLT, but this one was smaller, lighter, and sounded better IMO. Make sure you try it out, I think it's definitely worthwhile.
  14. eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks for everyone's advice! I think I am still leaning towards the Eden 210XLT. What would the volume difference be between a 4-ohm and an 8-ohm cab? I like to keep my rig a little smaller to make life easier, so I am pretty sure this is the only cab I will need. If, however, the volume difference isn't that noticable, maybe the 8-ohm can is the way to go for versatility.