New cab... Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Nov 29, 2000.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My current rigg:
    Ashdown ABM300 head
    Trace Elliot 2103 (2x10")
    Trace Elliot 1153 (1x15")

I like the Ashdown but I dont like the sound of the Trace 2103. It sounds to "sharp/cold" and I want Ampeg like warm sound. (The Ashdown speakers sound even better and can handel more power. Thats why I wont go with Ampeg.)
    I was thinking of exchanging the 2103 for an Ashdown 2x10 and keep the trace 15" for lowend or exchange both my speakers for an Ashdown 4x10. Which is the wicest choice?
    Please help!
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Ring up the shop and tell them that you want to take ALL your gear there and try stuff. Get an agreed time and a name. Go there and try every combination.

A 4 x 10 on its own will produce a 'tighter' sound but lacking in bottom end. If I remember rightly the Ashdown has an octaver so that might thats might make a difference.

In the end its your ears and mistakes are expensive so lug your gear down the shop and try it all out. Tip get the shop bloke/bird to play your bass while you stand away from it.

All the above is personal opinion and normally proved wrong by JimK, Bruce Lindfield and Brad Johnson in any combination :)
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    hey jock fill out your profile so we can know more about you
  4. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    My profile is updated...
    Thanks for reminding me.