Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Cab.....HT115!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hey Ya'll

I'm expecting a used Berg HT115 in the Mail on thurs. Its the First step in the change in the rig. I'm trying to get a better tubeish vintage Rock/blues/reggae Tone.The rig I use now,2 112 berg's and Walter woods with a SANs Amp into the Pre of the woods,Rocks but I'm Hoping for Bigger tone and a lttle more organic. I looking foward to using the HT115 stacked on its side with the EX112.

Next I'm going to buy SVP-CL and put it with the woods in Shallow 4 space rack bag I have.But this may not happen For a while.

I'll right tommorow with First impressions.

:D :bassist: :D

Aj

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Just a random question, but of all the Berg stuff, why didn't you for the NV cabs? Have you heard them? Portability? Financial?

I ask because for the tone you describe it seems like those would be perfect IMHO.

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Yah thats the Next Cab a 215nV. I used one one night. After the Ampeg Pre

:cool:

This was

Availible used

Cheaper

More Versitile

more Transportable

Aj

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That should be an interesting combination. I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Congrats, Andrew! I'm fond of my HT115 and I keep threatening to pair it up with some of my other Bergies. Up until now, it's only gone out with the HT210 sitting on top. But one of the 12's....hmmmm...food for thought. :cool:

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I use my HT115 with either an HT210 or HT310. Lately, per Jim Bergantino's recommendations (thanks, metron!), I've been putting the 115 on top and the tens on the bottom. Because the fifteen is closer to my ears I hear the slower and (slightly) more vintage attack, but it does provide for tighter bottom end response. But whether on top or bottom, I do love the way the fifteen blends with the tens.... I'm sure you'll be happy mixing it with twelves.

7. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Congrats! I tried the 115 with the 112. Put the 115 on its side and it fits nice. My thoughts were that the 115 over powered the 112 a bit. If you use a pre/power it might even it out a bit more. Let us know how it works for you. Nice cab!

8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Yes it seems more suitible to pair it wih 210's mabye thats the next cab :cool: the thing I'm most conserned with the pairing is the sensitivity rating of the two cabs I know the 112 going to be soft and the amp will probally have a naturally scooped sound.

I wont allways use the Different pre I often use just the woods for a modern thing.

Aj

9. Andrew
    I once experimented with my HT112 on top of my Mesa EV115 cab which I still own. While I'm sure a HT115 might be a much better cab than the Boogie the boogie is a great little cab with the EV and not those PAS (POS) speaker they put in now... sorry.... BUT, it did sound pretty darn good but I ended up liking the EX112 better under the HT112. So, far I have not found anything I like better than those two little cab-ola's. The NV610 is great and I'm starting to take it out more on club gigs with the WWU for power and it works very well. I've been GASSin' bad for an NV215 for a long time but just can't justify it so far. I'm sorta worried I'll like it better than the NV610 (right Fuzz).

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Word! :D

Especially when powered by the WWU, this is my favorite rig.

11. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    :cool: All I can say is that you have to try it with the HT210. Be prepared to buy another cab though! :D I use the speakers as stand-alones most often (115 for practice, 210 for gigs) and they are both awesome cabs. When paired together what one cab is missing the other fills in perfectly. The 115 sounds thicker but still retains clarity and the 210 has big punch but seems to be missing a little in the mids. The 115 actually fills in the mids (to my ears.) The combination amounts to the best sounding speakers Ive ever had the pleasure of playing through.

12. Amen, especially with a WWU. Been doing a lot of experimenting these days and finally ran my Crest CA9/Dem 201s through the mini's ...... HOLY COW! I still love the WWU and find that the big rig is way too heavy to lug around and really does not sit very well on the mini's with the Gramma under that but I could always set the amp rig on it's side next to it .... Those little Bergs can take a real lashing of juice!

13. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON

I REALLY want an HT 210 to go with my HT115 and iAMP800 :crying:

14. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I use a HT-322 usually and add an HT-115 for bigger and outdoor gigs... It's an awesome combination... :hyper:
    The 115 just adds alittle more rump roast... I'm using the Crest CA-9 with a Kern preamp...

15. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia

HT-322+HT-115 :eek: :eek: :eek: :bassist:

16. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Well I got it sounds nice in the Living room.

Did Jim ever change/ Update these? I wondering if I got old and busted or New Hottness.

I'm a spoiled wuss though I picked it up and and went Uhh....Heavy :bag:

Aj

17. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I've asked him about this and he hasn't changed it at all. I guess he only upgraded the 10's in the 210 and 310 from 200 to 250 watt versions.

The HT-115 and HT-210 is a stack I've always wanted to try. Jim says it's full of old-school warmth and booty, with a hint of presence from the tens. Perhaps it's comparable to the HT-322, but with a different tonal texture to the bottom end?

18. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The 322 is flatter and less "round" sounding in the low-end when compared to the 115/210 stack. Jim's description is right on. I'd also say the 322 is more articulate and somewhat more open on top. I'll be using my 322 this weekend for two gigs, in fact. Although I haven't had the pleasure of trying the Accugrooves on gigs and I understand their rep is high, the HT322 remains my favorite single cab. However, the EA CX310 is VERY good, too!
    :cool:

19. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Boogie, reviving a thread to ask you a question.

How would you say the HT322 and CX310 compare as to the clarity & articulation going from low 'E' down to 'B' and then up through the rest of the spectrum, especially when pushed fairly hard?

[I know the treble on the HT322 is so freakin' sweet.]

I'm thinking if I ever ran across a CX310 for a good price, it might be a great investment.

20. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Boy, that's a tough one! The CX310 probably has the best overall clarity of any bass cab I've encountered. But the HT322 definitely renders the low-end with more authority, by comparison. I recently used the two cabs on back-to-back Sundays on an outdoor gig. To be perfectly honest, I really can't choose. I like them both so much I'm gonna have to call it a toss-up. Sorry I can't be definitive! :eek: