1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New cab need advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by meaty, Sep 28, 2009.

1. meaty

meaty

Nov 16, 2008
    Right now im playing a gk700rbII through an old crusty swr goliath 4x10. I'm not sure the exact specs on the cab but it can't quite handle the head at higher volume levels and starts to clip. This is a problem because I love my bass meaty, fully wet octavers, drop A slap bass, meaty fuzz etc. I'm looking to sell my current cab and my old fender combo and buy a new cab. Whats a small-ish (2x10 or 2x12 or something) cab that'll handle 500 to 600 watts with ease and be able to handle extreme thumpy bass meat?

thanks

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not many. It sounds like you need substantially more, like a 6x10 or thereabouts. I have no expirience with Barefaced, but you'll likely get that as a recomendation, too. Small but powerful. Really though, what you describe will destroy most 2x10 cabs.

3. meaty

meaty

Nov 16, 2008
    I was playing slappy slappy drop A through a markbass 2x10 at GC the other day. Would any of their 2x10's handle that amount of meat?

how bout bag end?

hows the power handling on their smaller cabs?

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Almost sounds like an array of cabs and rackmount stuff.