1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New cab or replace the speaks??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thumpinthenight, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Thumpinthenight

Thumpinthenight

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Ok, I use:
    Ampeg SVP-PRO
    Carvin 1500
    Hartke XL410
    Hartke XL115 (Replaced 15" w Carvin cast) Sounds good

Question: I would like to get away from the "tinny" XL 410 Hartke, and am thinking of a Yorkville XC210 cab. I can get a great price on this. For about the same $ I can replace the Speakers in the XL 410 with Carvins, or Eminence, and wondered what would sound better. (I wouldn't mind downsizing with the 210). I'm looking for a punchier, but deeper more heart-throbbing sound. I usually keep my mids up around 12:00, but still need to experiment with EQ as well. Any suggestions?

2. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Sell the Harkte if it doesn't sound like what you want, and you like the sound of the Yorkville cab. I doubt that the Carvin or Eminence speakers will exactly match the parameters that the Hartke was built around. Just my $.02

3. This is easy! Definately sell the cab. You would get money for it to offset the cost of the other cab you want. If you buy speakers for the Hartke there is no money comming in.

BTW even though people on this forum like to talk trash about Hartke cabs they are still sought after elsewhere and you can get pretty good money for one. At least I did! :cool: